Loren O's '72 521 -Found this out in the woods.

Loren O

By the looks of the grapefruit size rust hole just above the brake master , I would say you've got more than motor work to do before this baby hits the road.

Nice progress , the block looks pretty !

yeah, that rust hole,& the one in the bed floor, by the tailgate had me worried. I almost didn't buy this truck because of it. That's actually the main reason the truck is at Shawn's place. He's going to weld some patch panels in, since I don't weld.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks going out to Shawn Drawdy, & Randy Latuska ! For the first time in who knows how many years,my 521 has the rear window, & drivers door window in it. The story I was told from the previous owner, was that some neighborhood kids had taken a shot at it,& managed to take out both Windows. I have no idea how long it has sat that way,but it was like that when I found it up in the clearing in that old logging area.
20150726_165824.jpg
20150726_165839.jpg
no more hiding my truck under a tarp!

• Like 5

I received a text message from my friend/ former boss at NAPA last night.   My engine for this truck is in his Garage,& he's been putting it together.  the head is on,& it's ready for the oil pan, which I need to clean& paint first, then we can install the Nissan Motorsport L4 cam, lash pads, along with the timing components.  it's finally getting close to being done.

• Like 2

Ok,thank you! I have been working on this truck so long,that I have misplaced some of the stickers that I have been collecting for it,& I can't seem to find the title. I saw it recently, so I'm not worried, just a little annoyed with myself for not putting it where I could easily find it.

• Like 1

The engine for this truck is nearly done.  I need to find either a extension housing to replace the broken one on the '78 620 5 speed I have, or to repair the dogleg 5 speed I have for this truck.  Does anyone here have the parts I need for that? 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So,while Shawn & I were working on the engine, he noticed that a few parts are missing. One is the oil pump/drive gear,that goes on the crankshaft, the other is the long water pump bolt. If anyone has these parts,that they can spare,please let me know.20150908_134552.jpg20150908_134530.jpg

• Like 1