Loren O's '72 521 -Found this out in the woods.

Loren O

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Do you really think that slot mags would look better than the steelies with hubcaps and whitewalls?

yes.

received_10155350104996890.jpeg

On 7/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, mikec4193 said:

Hi Loren

Saw this on facebook too...

I still have a scar on my  face from when I went into power pole back in 1981 with my first Datsun truck a 1972...bounced off the steering column and ripped the seat belt out of the floor pan too....these trucks are something you don't wanna wreck...they don't fair well at all...thank god you walked away from it...the Jeep looks pretty whipped up to...

MikeC 

All things considered, & knowing how hard the Impact FELT, I am amazed how well my truck held up.   I don't know that I will ever feel quite as safe about another vehicle, as I do about 521's at this point.   My Truck took one hell of an Impact at both ends, & I was able to walk away.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, RatRandy said:

Where on earth can a dude like myself find one of these killer canopy's?! I have been searching high and low for one....any suggestions?  Thanks

Craigslist.

I've seen 4-5 go from $FREE-$300 up and down the west coast in the last 3 months just with searching the keyword "Datsun". If you use something like searchtempest to watch all Craigslists in the NW and narrow your search to something like "truck canopy" 

• Like 2

I would add "shell", "camper", "topper" to your list.  For craiglist you could enter

datsun shell|camper|topper|canopy

for instance.  If you get a lot of spammy type results, you can exclude results with the dash/negative symbol the same way, like

datsun shell|camper|topper|canopy -tires|forklift|bmw

This possibly won't include shells that fit when the seller only specifies Toyota, Courier, Ranger, etc other older small trucks.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, thisismatt said:

for instance.  If you get a lot of spammy type results, you can exclude results with the dash/negative symbol the same way, like

datsun shell|camper|topper|canopy -tires|forklift|bmw

Don't get me started on that forklift guy and that guy posting all those new cars "message matt"....

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 1
On 2/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, Draker said:

I've driven this truck. You may have mentioned this already, but you'll probably want to lift it a bit.

I think Al already did that.   I had heard it was a little too low to be practical.   my old truck sat a little higher than I liked, but I never got around to putting my 720 4x4 leafs,& blocks on it.  I don't know exactly how low it will eventually be, but i should have some idea once the slot mags are on it.  I am currently thinking about how this truck will be used.   I want to put good use to that canopy, & also am looking for a tent trailer to tow behind it, when we go camping. 

• Like 1