Loren O's '72 521 -Found this out in the woods.

Loren O

510s are EZ to get running

My 510 runs,but it's been sitting for about a year & a half because parts of the front suspension are worn out. I have been mostly focused on my 521 for several years, & I had let some things on the 510 slide.

• Like 1
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my 521 washed,put on a little tire shine & Showroom gloss,so I thought I'd post a couple of pics.

My 521 by the Wilsonville Nissan sign. https://imgur.com/gallery/5QLemE5

Just washed ,& shined up a litte. https://imgur.com/gallery/PMM1AlU

Nice!, You actually did something on your truck that I have not, ever!

• Like 2

I have been collecting the parts to fix my 510 wagon. Right now i'm debating if I need camber plates,or if 210 top hats are enough. I already have the replacement struts/spindles,cut down for VW Rabbit inserts,& using coilover collars,made by Draynor. My current brake rotors are probably overdue for replacement, if I can find some new ones. I am also going to be installing the lowering blocks I got from Joel a few years ago, & a bigger sway bar also.

I will also be swapping out the Weber DGEV,for a set of SU's I got from Jeremy. The Weber will be going on my '83 720 ST,since I took it's old Weber for my 521 last summer.

As for the 510 being worth more, that doesn't really matter to me, because none of my Datsuns are going to be for sale. My children have already asked for them when they're old enough.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I didn't see your truck at the dealer parking today, why aren't you driving your datto????

I'm sitting in it right now,in the parking lot at work. There's a big. Silver Titan truck next to it,that would have blocked the view of my truck from I-5. If you happened to go by around 2:15 or so,I had driven down to Carl's jr to get lunch.

20180529_185312.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

received_10155350104996890.jpeg

While I was at the Canby show this year I got started on something I have wanted to get done on my truck for quite awhile. Alot of people helped in this build,either by actually working on it, or by giving quality advice, or simply morale support in times when the project wasn't quite going as well, or as quickly as I would have liked it to. I have wanted to have those people sign the glove box lid of my truck( although I don't think that will be enough room, so I may extend that to other areas of the dash.). While at the show, I got Big Tanker, & Wayno to sign the glove box lid. I will be looking to have the rest of you who have been part of this project do the same,as I see you at shows. I'm trying to think of a way to get the autograph those of you I am not likely to see at an event to sign it also.

I greatly appreciate the help you all have been, & this is a way for me to save that for posterity.

• Like 3

There are a couple guys in Arizona, Shawn Drawdy,& his wife Becca, As well as Charlie69. I may send it out there. I think I can get the Oregon and Washington guys to autograph it at Blue Lake,or next years Canby show. For the California guys, I may try to get it done at the Shasta campout, or next years Datslocos swap meet in Manteca. That really only leaves a few people I don't know where they are. Two of them I haven't seen on Ratsun in quite awhile. Does anyone have contact with Rocket Dog,& Hooligan?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

received_10155350104996890.jpeg

While I was at the Canby show this year I got started on something I have wanted to get done on my truck for quite awhile. Alot of people helped in this build,either by actually working on it, or by giving quality advice, or simply morale support in times when the project wasn't quite going as well, or as quickly as I would have liked it to. I have wanted to have those people sign the glove box lid of my truck( although I don't think that will be enough room, so I may extend that to other areas of the dash.). While at the show, I got Big Tanker, & Wayno to sign the glove box lid. I will be looking to have the rest of you who have been part of this project do the same,as I see you at shows. I'm trying to think of a way to get the autograph those of you I am not likely to see at an event to sign it also.

I greatly appreciate the help you all have been, & this is a way for me to save that for posterity.

Hey dude your truck is nice and man you made me feel like a celebrity.lol Im sure we are all glad we could help out with inspiration. thats why I do it. 521 trucks are the shit.there is a lot of nice trucks out there.Guys are always taking it to the next level.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...