Anybody got a rebuildable Weber 32/34 DFT they want to sell?

The 32/34 DFT is / was the direct bolt-on replacement for the factory carb - looking for one in decent condition (no sloppy throttle shafts) and hopefully, the electric idle shut off & factory air cleaner adapter still attached.

I want to replace the factory Hitachi on my '79, but want to maintain the ability to get it smogged without jumping through a bunch of carb-swapping are re-tuning hoops every couple of years. There used to be a bunch of these things in the wrecking yards, but as 70's Datsuns have gotten scarce, so have the carbs, and they're no longer available new.....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 32/34 DFT is / was the direct bolt-on replacement for the factory carb - looking for one in decent condition (no sloppy throttle shafts) and hopefully, the electric idle shut off & factory air cleaner adapter still attached.

I want to replace the factory Hitachi on my '79, but want to maintain the ability to get it smogged without jumping through a bunch of carb-swapping are re-tuning hoops every couple of years. There used to be a bunch of these things in the wrecking yards, but as 70's Datsuns have gotten scarce, so have the carbs, and they're no longer available new.....

What not try Pierce manifolds in gilroy california as they are the largest weber distributor in norcal area, I have been there and its a toy store for weber freaks, the owner had some really cool old style weber carbs from ferrari to datsuns on display, you may want to try their web page first. I think the last time I checked they had the weber 32/36 and 32/34 dgv carbs for like $300-$400 new. good luck hope this helps you

conrad

What not try Pierce manifolds in gilroy california as they are the largest weber distributor in norcal area, I have been there and its a toy store for weber freaks, the owner had some really cool old style weber carbs from ferrari to datsuns on display, you may want to try their web page first. I think the last time I checked they had the weber 32/36 and 32/34 dgv carbs for like $300-$400 new. good luck hope this helps you

conrad

they said that the 32/34 DFT's have been out of production for several years, and no NOS units are available so far as they know. They do still have rebuild kits on hand, so next best thing to a new one will be to try to find a decent used one and rebuild it. 32/36, 32/34, and 38/38 DG series carbs aren't emissions legal, unfortunately.

it's the correct CA ARB emissions-legal model for a 79 620 - the E.O. tag # listed in the description (CARB EO No. D133-1) matches the E.O. for late 70's Datsun L20B powered vehicles on the ARB's web site.

Need to make up a phenolic isolator/adapter block, get a rebuild kit from Pierce Manifolds, go through it, and get it installed - hopefully nobody's messed with it internally.

For anybody who's trying to establish a current value for these, there were 3 bidders, one of which dropped out at about $25; winning bid was $76.00.

• 2 weeks later...

looks to be in excellent condition and all there except for the base plate adapter/spacer (if I remember correctly the adapter/spacer that came with the carbs originally was phoenolic with a slightly tapered opening to match the base of the Weber to the manifold mounting surface) and the longer studs that came in the original conversion kit.

Got a rebuild kit from Pierce Manifolds, so the 79 should be running on the Weber in a few days.

If I run across another one, I'll post it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.