Dual diaphram brake Booster?

bottomwatcher

Anybody running a dual diaphram brake booster on a 7/8 master? I am looking to bring my 720 to a little more civilized driving experience. A lot has changed in the last 30 years and jumping in to the old truck after more modern vehicles is becoming a steeper and steeper curve. Lifted 4inches and 31s braking has always been an experience in preplanning, but really the addition of a dual stage brake booster would be an improvement over the original single stage. I know the 240sx automatic had a dual stage, but I have no idea what is compatable with what. Any input would be appreciatated.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Guys.

Since nobody imputted I  got a dual diaphram brake booster off a 1998 frontier. There are some differences as far as the mating to the booster to the 720 standoff goes ,but after driling 4 holes it was an easy swap and man what a difference! One big toe barefoot and I can lock the brakes. The dual diaphram really brings the brakes up to modern times if that is what you are used too. Probably the best bang for the buck for a truck I have had 24 years.

• Like 1