Bagged and BD 67 V520

finney

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build wish they had these n Cali . Would love to have one. I want to build a goon hammered out on 4linked coil overs.

There isn't any of these in Australia either. I have not come across another one, seems to be only a handful globally on the internet too. 

Really clean work- can't wait to be at the same point in my build!

I could have gone a whole lot wilder, I have a Cando Toyota front end end sitting around a Toyo LSD and a 1uz with IBTs sitting in the carport. Restraint for this build so i can actually finish it and drive it. 

you would appreciate my Canti rear end and chassis i built for the "other" project

Very nice!  I've actually held off on a lot of mods on mine as well, in the interest of actually getting to drive it someday!  My 521, on the other hand... that poor thing is going to look like something from Ed Roth's nightmares!   :devil:

I'm always impressed by the quality of work I see coming from Australia- have you noticed that on your end, or am I just not seeing all of the hack work like I do over here?  Some cars and trucks roll through our shop, and I wonder how they ever made it out of the driveway!

I remember back in the day when my buddy Phil from FBI bagged his 521 with a Lil flame thrower was a sweet truck. I think it's still in sac somewhere

I heard that guy was a douche.  Heard the truck is in pieces, sitting on a pallet over my office right now...

• Like 1

Minitruckers moving over to Datsuns wow, thought that was just me. Yeh the quality of build over here is really good. A few hack jobs as always but our licensing and rego schemes, don't really allow chi on the road for long. Aftermath boys kill it over here, but everything half decent is on the East coast. 

Always been into the dimes had 9 of them and had a hard time keeping at my house lol. Been in the trucking scene for just as long. Started in the bay with UFO for a while moved up north sold the dime like a dumb ass and then got into trucking world. And yes now getting back into the dime scene when now there are harder to get and worth way more what they were back in the day. But still have a couple of trucks full and mini. I want to find a wagon and another datsun truck to finish it off YA RIGHT we all say that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow.... Awesome work finney and so glad your an aussie lol blokes like you representing Australia by building awesome cars properly. All the fab work is flawless. And nope you arnt alone I'm from melbourne, vic also a mini trucker turned datsun fan (I'm only new to the world of datsuns having just bought a really rough 521).... Keep up the awesome work brother

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I have updated, been working on the Datsun a fair bit, just things you don't see. Running wires, Brake lines, Air suspension lines and wiring, replacing all the nuts and bolts. Also made new mounts for the compressors and a tray to relocate the battery out of sight (need to finish a hold down) 
Engine is still at the builders - hopefully not too far off being complete 
Rear Axels are at the machine shop still getting the rear of the face machined down and drilled out to 5 stud.

Front Spindles are getting some sleeves machined to run Toyota pickup hubs/brakes on the front.

10628522_10152642221409764_2377953121246

10620516_10152642221594764_2446190510929

10620786_10152642221684764_4150567543732

1604925_10152642232374764_76893226981902

• Like 2

next up are the brake mounts, from having a quick look its not going to be as easy as i thought. makes it hard that i disassembled my toyota callipers maybe 6 years ago and I'm missing  all the clips, springs ext/ possibly sitting in a massive box of bolts that i don't want to go through. 

I have only had a quick look, but it looks like i didn't need the front sleeve - looks like the 520 front bearing has the same OD as the Pickup with the correct ID 

- have a new set of Pickup bearings so might use it anyway

- I will have to take a couple of mm nick out of the Castle nut to fit the split pin with the adapter 

• 2 weeks later...

thanks mate, the last Body drop i built a full framed floor, but I didn't have to totally finish it, other than fabricate and weld it in. (never got finished)

225574_13614084763_4135_n.jpg?oh=4ffeb47

230104_13612494763_6042_n.jpg?oh=a7fa5aa

Stoked with how this is coming along though. been chasing down parts that no one seems to have - Bolts and electrical bits. M14 bolts and 100 amp relays have been extremely hard to find. found a local dude with a set of toyota pickup calliper laying around - just need to pick them up - missing too many clips and all the fasteners on the ones i have.

• Like 3