AR Libre? OEM? Just not sure anymore...

Hey guys, long story short I just bought my first Z in April ( I know this isn't the Z forum, not the point of post) and it came with a few mods including body mods like an aero kit, flares, hood vents, etc. what piqued my interest is the rims it came with. I did some research thinking they were OEM, but one of the guys at the ZCar forums told me they were American Racing Libre style, the thing is I didn't see any branding except for what looked like a Mercedes (Benz) logo on the inside of the wheels. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the style but someone said that you guys might have more of an interest, I was just looking to see how much they're worth, or if anyone has any info on these wheels, here's a few pics

d7RRico.jpg

pQ9EKdW.jpg

I'll take a few more pics of them when I get to my buddy's shop tomorrow as she's currently undergoing paint, but if anyones interested I'm in the SoCal area.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are libe style, theres a possibility that they are true american racing, but most now days are fakes as just about everyone had a mold for them in the back of the wheel foundry.... theres a few ways to tell, im just not able to post up the pics showing how, im sure someone else will chime in or you can search on google for the pics showing the back of the wheels in comparison.

• 3 months later...

...defdes: Not really. Interestingly: they moved production to another place and some new product did not have it stamped. Still had the back ribs and the "13x7" stamped, but not the name. I don't recall the full info right now but check the web in detail for that. :thumbup:

http://www.zparts.com/zptech/comparisons/wheels/pages/are_vs_noname_back.html

Merry Christmas. I think you have a repop set. But with only two lug nuts to remove, it will be easy to know for sure. On the plus side, they weigh less. Either way they aren't worth a ton. Paid $300 for a good set of AR Libres. They are my favorite rims. Very mellow class.

• 9 years later...