What size hub bore?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

73mm is fine that is standard for aftermarket wheels.  Most Nissans use a 66mm hub and the wheel bore is usually noted as 66.1mm.

Hub-centric rings are available in steel or plastic if you feel the need for them.

The hub bore on the 280ZX is larger than 66mm. It is like 70 or 71mm. It is the only Datsun hub I have found that requires a 73mm center bore wheel.

We sell 67 & 73mm center bore VTO wheels, the 67mm will not fit the 280ZX hubs.

No need for hub centric rings on a Datsun as the factory designed the cars to be lug centric, The rears do not have enough hub protrusion to be hub centric anyway. 

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
On 8/16/2013 at 5:15 PM, Dime Dave said:

The hub bore on the 280ZX is larger than 66mm. It is like 70 or 71mm. It is the only Datsun hub I have found that requires a 73mm center bore wheel.

We sell 67 & 73mm center bore VTO wheels, the 67mm will not fit the 280ZX hubs.

No need for hub centric rings on a Datsun as the factory designed the cars to be lug centric, The rears do not have enough hub protrusion to be hub centric anyway. 

Does the rear center bore stick out at all beyond the brake disc for the 280zx?

I'm having trouble finding spacers with a 73.1mm center bore (to fit over the hub center bore) in the sizes I need.

If the center bore doesn't go beyond the rotor then I can use the common 66.1mm spacers and there'll be no problems.

I did have the wheel off earlier but I can't remember now.... 

I know its an old thread but it should get bumped - saves making a new thread/keep info in one place