I like coupes! - Pictures of Bluebird Coupes

carterb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I would go after a converted, or LHD originally model. 

Sadly, none of them were originally LHD. They were only sold new in Japan and South Africa, both RHD countries. There are LHD Skylines, but not LHD Bluebird Coupes. 

But if you know body/metal work, or know someone who does, it might be easier to buy a rusty RHD coupe and weld the roof onto a LHD sedan (see the car at the top of this page)? You lose the cool SSS dash, though. 

I hate RHD cars over here, yeah, its cool as hell, but it feels so bizarre here in the US.

I love it. I've owned two so far, and I'm doing conversions on two more...   :rofl:

• Like 1

Sadly, none of them were originally LHD. They were only sold new in Japan and South Africa, both RHD countries. There are LHD Skylines, but not LHD Bluebird Coupes. 

But if you know body/metal work, or know someone who does, it might be easier to buy a rusty RHD coupe and weld the roof onto a LHD sedan (see the car at the top of this page)? You lose the cool SSS dash, though. 

I love it. I've owned two so far, and I'm doing conversions on two more...   :rofl:

If youre too lame to drive RHD, then you should just buy a Coupe and swap all the driving bits and firewall with a LHD sedan. Then you get a LHD Coupe (:sick:) and you can sell off the RHD sedan for a tidy profit. 

If youre too lame to drive RHD, then you should just buy a Coupe and swap all the driving bits and firewall with a LHD sedan. Then you get a LHD Coupe ( :sick:) and you can sell off the RHD sedan for a tidy profit. 

Seems like a roof swap would be "easier" than a firewall swap, wouldn't it?

To get the firewall out "properly" would be very extensive surgery. Helped a friend do it on an S13 (more similar than it sounds) and it was a bitch. Done roof swaps before and they were much easier...

It has not hing to do with being lame or not, I dont really like cars converted to it either, but thats just me.

If it was original I wouldnt change it, but it still feels wierd, goin to the bank, going through a drive through of any sort, gettin pulled over, lolol. Its all pretty funny in RHD actually.

We got puller over in an SIR, my buddy was driving, the cop comes to my side "can I see your...........wait"   "wrong side buddy"

lolol.