carterb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The first Coupe I ever saw was Ray Yates' 1800 SSS Coupe. This photo was taken in the Sears parking lot in Santa Barbara CA during our UFO SoCal Solvang Run circa 1984. If I'm not mistaken, it had a carb'd VG30 under the hood. Arguably the first ever VG swap into a 510! 

o95lUBh.jpg  

• Like 1

Ray had another Coupe (or could possibly be the same car as above) that he converted into a land speed record car to run at El Mirage dry lake in the Mojave desert north of LA, or possibly at Bonneville.  Not sure what motor he was running. I shot these photos at a UFO SoCal meet at Nissan HQ in Gardena CA around 1986. 

Fxm1JAi.jpg

Eas6pP0.jpg

• Like 1

A pair of overexposed Coupes!  White and bright yellow cars are hard to photograph in direct sunlight.  This was on a UFO SoCal Mt. Palomar run. I think it was late '90s. That yellow Coupe now belongs to The Keeper and is in the process of getting a makeover. I think the white one belonged to Mynor C.? 

7ycNQAC.jpg

• Like 1

I was surprised when I found this photo from JCCS 2006. Same CA license plate (SSS BIRD) as Ray Yates' Coupe that I posted earlier. I wonder what the story is there? 

dEn2f8D.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...