I like coupes! - Pictures of Bluebird Coupes

carterb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man I love Coupes more and more. My only wish is that the rear window opened like the BMW e9. I wonder how hard it would be to mod it with some 4-door parts, lol. I think my list of wants goes Hako, Kenmeri, 510 Coupe. And then maybe R30 skyline.

_bmw-e9-2.jpg

@fisch fyi the 510 coupe isn't an ht like the bimmer remember?

I know, I just wish it was! Mmm 510 hard top Coupe... Don't know how hard it's be to make it structurally sound without the B pillar, and get teh windows to line up and seal. But heck, people cut the roof off a 510 and make it a vert, lol. Photoshop to the rescue! OK I'll just go back to dreaming now.

510HTpshop.jpg

• Like 1

Fuuuuuuuuq. Damn I like that idea a lot. Fuck it, I'd just take the side windows out. I wonder if the structural integrity would be compromised without a B pillar though. Seems like the car would flex quite a bit. I feel adding a roll bar to make up for lost strength would take away from the cool factor of no B pillar. I've always loved cars that lacked a B pillar. It's so unique.

Fuuuuuuuuq. Damn I like that idea a lot. Fuck it, I'd just take the side windows out. I wonder if the structural integrity would be compromised without a B pillar though. Seems like the car would flex quite a bit. I feel adding a roll bar to make up for lost strength would take away from the cool factor of no B pillar. I've always loved cars that lacked a B pillar. It's so uniq

I had the same thought. Like what if the rear windows were removable, b-pillar and all. So on a sunny day you could pop them out like t-tops,lol!

I wonder how much strength you could add with a well tucked roll bar. Or I guess more like some tubular skeletal reinforcement of the roof down to the floor, but nothing where the B pillar is. I would imagine it could be stiffened up quite a bit. I've never driven something with the roof cut off to make a vert, but I sure have seen it done. Wonder how that effects handling?

Crossed the street there are a lot to hard tops to choose from

b0213_japo1440skie_klasyki_20_zps2f325f8

The Corona looks like the closest match. I feel like getting the glass to meet and seal would be one of the trickiest parts.

Notice how much smaller the space is between the door seam and rear window frame is on all the above cars. It's way smaller than the 510s space. What I was trying to explain is, the shorter gap between A and C pillar is probably stronger structurally on those than if a 510 had no B pillar.

Wow that was an impressive view. At first glance I wouldn't have thought the rust would be that bad. And I don't know if he was fabbing those panels or buying them, but either way, top notch work. Makes me scared what I would find on my 510 4-door if I started digging. I already know the rear QP and spots on the fenders have to be replaced, but I don't know how deep it goes! (Maybe thankfully! Ignorance is bliss, right. (Until shit starts falling apart.)

• Like 1