vg30 in my wagoon

cgovia

I want to put a vg30 in my goon and Im going to get the kit from vg30.com Im wanting to put a none fuel injected and automatic in my goon what is the best car to get it from dont all the wireing hassel Aloha Ed

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

w/o much hassle go with the 200sx se v6, you can use everything except the oil pan as it it a front sump. intake is a better fit w/o much to do unlike the stock 300zx manifold, you probably will need to source the distributor and intake from an early nissan pathfinder with TBI, I think everyone has been using the "saudi" distributor but I'm sure some one on here will chime in to fill in my blanks

The tranny tunnel in the goon is to small for the big nissan auto, which also has an extra control modual, aka some extra wiring is involved. Just a few things to think about with the auto trans.

if you plan on running a carb, you can easily drill and tap four holes in a stock vg30i (early pathfinder) intake to mount a weber carb or you can pay vg30.com 200 bucks to modify the same intake to run a two barrel holley. i would use megajolt jr for the ignition, it's cheaper than putting a saudi dizzy. the saudi dizzy is a drop in installtion however, but good luck finding one.

also, if you are planning to use headers and want to make your own, a good place to start is to get a set of mercury villiger (they come stock with the vg30e) exhaust manifolds, they are factory shorty header style exhaust manifolds, and just hack off the pipes and weld your own to make a fully custom fit. i haven't tried this yet, but i dont see why it wouldn't work.

if you plan on running a carb, you can easily drill and tap four holes in a stock vg30i (early pathfinder) intake to mount a weber carb or you can pay vg30.com 200 bucks to modify the same intake to run a two barrel holley. i would use megajolt jr for the ignition, it's cheaper than putting a saudi dizzy. the saudi dizzy is a drop in installtion however, but good luck finding one.

also, if you are planning to use headers and want to make your own, a good place to start is to get a set of mercury villiger (they come stock with the vg30e) exhaust manifolds, they are factory shorty header style exhaust manifolds, and just hack off the pipes and weld your own to make a fully custom fit. i haven't tried this yet, but i dont see why it wouldn't work.

Good tip on the manifolds, might have to try that in the future.
I want to put a vg30 in my goon and Im going to get the kit from vg30.com Im wanting to put a none fuel injected and automatic in my goon what is the best car to get it from dont all the wireing hassel Aloha Ed

You're miss informed about wiring hassles. Its not like you're hooking up 200 wires. Its more like 7 or 8 wires that actually splice into your goons harness. The rest just attaches to the engine itself and thats just installing connectors to the sensors they belong too. I think its easier to run the EFi simply because of how difficult it is to source the parts mentioned above. g/l with the swap. peace.

here is a photo of the brake pedal and some other parts as well as 300zx manifolds.

DCP_2594.jpg

the passenger side exhaust manifold is not from a 300zx, it looks more like from a pathfinder, i can't really tell from the pictures.