What size tires to run?

Just picked up these from the Eagle rock swap meet yesterday.

null_zpsa1699405.jpg

They are 14x6 and Im just trying to figure what size tires to run. On my last set of rims I ran 185/60 falken Ziex's all around on 14x6.5's. On those they had a mild stretch and I liked the look of it but if I run stretch on rims on 6" wide rim.... is it that too narrow of a tire? What do you guys think? It's going to be lowered, so if anyone with a lowered wagon or semi lowered 510 sedan feel free to throw up some pictures of what you run. Thanks in advance

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you ran 185s on a wheel that was .5" wider, you should be fine running them on your 6"s

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

use that site to compare/contract old and new set ups. remember that you could be raising/lowering your car

as well as adding/reducing fender gap/clearance as you go up/down on tire sizes

well if you ran 185s on a wheel that was .5" wider, you should be fine running them on your 6"s

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

use that site to compare/contract old and new set ups. remember that you could be raising/lowering your car

as well as adding/reducing fender gap/clearance as you go up/down on tire sizes

This link is awesome, Thank you

Never buy rims and then figure out how to make them fit. Find out first how much positive or negative off set you can get away with, then look for rims in that range.

See these rims? No amount of fixing is going to make them work on my 710. They stick out about an inch and a half on each side. Even at stock height they bottom out on the edge of the wheel well on bumps.
74710paint002Large.jpg

No worries they were free and I only used them so I could move the car around at the body shop. Just imagine if a liked them ( :sick: :sick: ) and paid big bucks for them. How heartbroken I would be. How I might plasma cut the wheel wells and throw on some e-Bay flairs. ( :sick: :sick: )

Never buy rims and then figure out how to make them fit. Find out first how much positive or negative off set you can get away with, then look for rims in that range.

My previous set of rims were almost the same size. 14x6 versus 14x6.5 and the offset +10 versus +15 not a real drastic change. So I could probably run the same size tires that i had on the previous set. I was just wondering if someone had any other ideas 

• 3 weeks later...

where can you find 185 55 14's or even 185 50 14's?

ebay, tire rack. discount tires/

here's a set I was planning to buy.

it's $310 shipped to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-185-55-14-Roadstone-N2000-Tires-/400545983411?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&fits=Section+Width%3A185%7CAspect+Ratio%3A55%7CRim+Diameter%3A14&hash=item5d4266abb3&vxp=mtr

Don't cheap out on tires!