• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kiznook

My grandfather had one of those flatpanel jeeps in his backyard in Hana Maui Hawaii.

It was in the bushes in 1980 due to lack of parts/money. Im sure its one with the earth now.

Redeye,

Those Mitshibitshi Jeeps if that guy is imported/selling them in Atanta I would think there would be a place that sells them in the westcoast area as it being a EZer shipping route(ports) and alot of NW Jeepers up here for a high demand rig.

I dont know the avail of Mitshibishi deisel parts?

I think it would be ezer to get these than retubbing a flatfender.

jeff Hino ran into a guy importing those Madmax Ford falcons. Its in fife tacoma area

http://www.madmaxcars.com/products/product_view.cgi?id_number=356194369585

That Mad Max guy is out of Tacoma I believe. He has a warehouse/museum there somewheres. I'd love to check it out someday. :D

Re-tubbing a flatty would be fairly easy depending on how origional you want it. There was an aluminum tub on CL right last week. :cool:

Would the deisel in that be the same as the mitsu box truck deisel?

Unimogs, or the Bombardier Iltis/VW Type 183: Here. I was aiming to get one last year, but it didn't work out. Little 1500 cc gasoline engine, 4 speed manual with a super low 7.xx:1 cross-country gear, water resistant engine and drivetrain will go through about two feet of water without preparation, and I think it can be pretty much submerged by taking a few minutes to add a snorkle and completely waterproofing the engine. Hard and soft doors and tops, fold-down windscreen, four-seater, etc... I think it's gotta be one of the neatest little trucks I've ever seen (apart from the Datsuns, of course).

• 1 month later...