What's the meaning behind your user name?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silky Johnson became my dirt-biking name.  A guy I rode dirt bikes with was obsessed with making sure that everyone had a code name out on the trail.  Some of the names were: T-Bone, Iceman, Huckleberry, Limey, Ball Sack, Crowner, Buck Nasty, Lysol, etc.

When I found out that a dirt bike name was especially good when it was kind of nasty, I chose the name Silky Johnson from an episode Chappelle's Show -- the Player Haters Ball.  The following video is terrible and will give you motion sickness.

When I learned the about "climate" at Ratsun, I changed my name to Silky so I would fit in better.

DAWA, first two letters in my first and last name (DAle WAtson)

pronounced dah wah and not day wah. 

came up with it when i was still in silverdale, washington one day on a 

drive to seattle (which was almost everyday.) 

thought if i ever had a company/garage/etc i would call it that 

partially because its pseudo japanese sounding (to me)

As you can see my old username was 280zx@541 pretty simple I used to own a 280zx and 541 is the area code lol I wasn't very creative when I made it lol, Archetype just because no real reason behind it just like the meaning of it and heard it a lot in school I guess it stuck and datsun well you know why.

Worked at a Nissan dealer back in the '90's and the manager started putting "mo" at the end of every body's name...Billmo, Scottmo, Mikemo....Mine just kinda stuck as a knick name.  So instead of Kelly, people started calling me Kelmo.

Glad we didn't have a guy working there named Howard...........Homo would not have gone over well

• Like 3

I think mine is self explanatory.

I had to shorten the word "quick" so I could get custom license plates that would be 7 letters or less. 

Had a V8 powered 510 back then and although it was not fast, I felt it was "qwik"

Name just stuck at that point and everyone I know in the 510 community knows me by that name now. I guess I have had it since the late 90s when I first got on the Bluebirds list. Wow, over 15 years now. 

DAWA, first two letters in my first and last name (DAle WAtson)

pronounced dah wah and not day wah. 

came up with it when i was still in silverdale, washington one day on a 

drive to seattle (which was almost everyday.) 

thought if i ever had a company/garage/etc i would call it that 

partially because its pseudo japanese sounding (to me)

Before I learned your name I imagined "Unda-DAWA-ta"

Kinda like me, but in a sub.

• Like 1