Salvage Yard 610 - "Anita"

EdwardK

3 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Glad to hear it! Did you put in any kind of bump stop on the front? 

That is a great question! I put back whatever I took off; and it's been long enough I don't recall. If the stock bump stops are the kind that ride on the shaft of the strut insert, then I guess mine had rotted off and I'm not running any at the moment. lol If they're attached to the strut top hat, then I'm running whatever rubber was still left. 

I went out last night and finished the install of my modified alternator bracket, and threw some stickers on the car to help improve the smiles per gallon even further. Unfortunately my partner's lease on this hangar expires this week, so Anita is going back to a dirt driveway. Probably won't get a lot of work done until we get into a different building. (I just hate dirt so much.)

The last photo is most of the old parts that got replaced over the last year minus a battery, multiple brake boosters and a second alternator. Feels like a lot less with it laid out like that.

I've got some New Year's resolutions that kinda run parallel with this car so there should be some more neat stuff this year. 

IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4383.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

Edited by EdwardK
  • Like 2
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, EdwardK said:

If the stock bump stops are the kind that ride on the shaft of the strut insert, then I guess mine had rotted off and I'm not running any at the moment. lol

😁👍

And yes, that's how the original ones are. 

• Like 1