Twisted Images Bagged, Body Dropped, & Rotary Powered 510

UPDATES!

I worked on the car every day last week in preparation for the Scrape and Scare show up in Plymouth, CA this weekend.

Aside from finishing up the brake installation and cleaning a few things up underneath, I replaced the driver side halfshaft that went missing on my trip to San Jose a couple of months ago, and built panels for the trunk.

Here's where I started on the trunk panels- just the floor pieces.  Had to hand-cut the battery hole to get it fitted perfectly:

616.jpg

Once I had those sitting how I wanted, I laid out and cut some panels for the front wall of the trunk and took them all to my friend Brandon at Supreme Rods & Customs for some bead rolling:

617.jpg

I still have to make a finishing panel to cover the seam in the center, but otherwise I'm really happy with the outcome!

619.jpg

I also made an adapter for that wood steering wheel I've been hanging onto - stole a page from Filthy's build for that one:

618.jpg

There's still a list of things to get done before SEMA, but I was able to take the car up to the show this weekend and had a blast!

620.jpg

Parked next to Keogh's new 521

621.jpg

Then Justin (Red) showed up with his 510.

622.jpg

It rained like crazy Saturday night, so I was parked in a small lake by morning!

623.jpg

Red was nice enough to put his hood over my engine to make sure no rain got into the carb.  Swell guy.

Here's a shot from the limbo contest:

624.jpg

I won.  By a lot, I think.  Thankfully, there were no Miatas at the show to ruin my chances! 

And here's a video from the burnout contest:

I've got another show this weekend, and then it's off to Vegas for SEMA!

• Like 7
  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have an entire room for the Sacramento International Auto Show!  My friends and I packed a bunch of custom cars into the space that I feel encompass the type of custom rides I'm a fan of- maybe not the cleanest show cars out there, but absolute head-turners.

Here's my car posted up:

phil.jpg

All of the cars are on my blog here:

http://www.twistedimages.com/Twisted-Images-Invitational-Show-n-Shine--Photos_b_6.html

Now, to get the car finished up and ready for the BIG show this coming week!  We're planning to roll out this Friday morning to set up Saturday... no stress!

• Like 6

Great pics of some awesome rides. Love that carhauler and the cummins chevy. :cool:

The Isuzu got a TON of attention at the show- with the 22" semi wheels on there it just demands attention.

A lot of people would kind of ignore the '49 pickup until they walked around to the passenger side and saw the 5" exhaust poking out of the running board!  And of course, one kid stuck his hand inside the exhaust pipe... then wiped his hand on his pants and shirt!  Ha- that's what his parents get for not keeping an eye on him!

• Like 4

That collection of cars is EPIC! You pretty much cover every different style of vehicle modifying in that group of automobiles.

The things I'd do to have a friend group with a collection like that, I'm sure you are all constantly pushing each other to go above and beyond with customisation.

I don't think I could choose just one.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

SEMA!!

Holy crap, I'm tired of Las Vegas!  8 days in that city is too many for me!

Anyway, here's my blog post covering the car, along with a bunch of other photos I took from the show:

http://www.twistedimages.com/SEMA-2016_b_7.html

And here's a long-ass video from my GoPro, covering roll-out from the convention center to the after party, SEMA Ignited:

And a couple of pics for those of you that don't like clicking links:

184.JPG

116.JPG

119.JPG

103.JPG

104.JPG

I was stoked to meet a few of you down there.  For those of you I wasn't able to connect with, I'll catch you at the next show!

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

No major updates since last time. I've been putting more mileage on the car, which is helpful in deciding what to tackle next.

I've still got a noise coming from the rear end whenever I go around corners- usually when I'm coasting or downshifting.  New bearings, new u-joints, and nothing is loose, so I'm guessing it's inside the diff.  It probably wasn't happy when the halfshaft let go- I've just been too lazy to pull it apart and inspect.  And I hate the smell of gear oil...

Here's a shot from last week- went and visited Miles to have him Tig weld some hydraulic hand brake brackets.

630.jpeg

And last Sunday I met up with some friends at the monthly Euro Sunday meet.  I wasn't the only "non-Euro" car there, so they seem accepting of all cars.

631.jpeg

Sean from JDM Palace COULD have driven his Bluebird Coupe out, but he kept it European instead:

632.jpeg

Yeah, they're 10s, but he keep 'em clean...

Driving home from that show was the motivation I needed to seal up some holes in the rear sheetmetal.  With the inner structure cut away, there was a direct path from the trunk and wheelwells, right up through the package tray and the insides of the c pillars.  Helps explain why burnouts put just as much smoke INSIDE the car as outside, and also explains the headaches and burning eyes when I drive for any length of time!

I pulled the rear package tray panel (a massive bitch to do with my roll cage), cleaned the stock package tray, and sealed it up with duct tape and seam sealer.  For the c pillars, I just stuffed some old t-shirts inside to plug the openings.  I'll pull those out and replace them with fire retardant expanding foam when the order arrives, but for now this will serve as a good test.  I also ran clear silicone along the seams in the rear interior of the car- with some of the panels being removable, there were some gaps between them letting dirt and air through.

633.jpeg

Panel is re-installed, silicone is slowly curing- here's hoping for a positive result!

• Like 2

We have that stuff at work. It has that shitty gear lube smell with a hint of grape.

What a letdown!  Maybe I'll just fill it with maple syrup- seems about the same consistency, but smells way better!  What's the worst that could happen?

• Like 5