Twisted Images Bagged, Body Dropped, & Rotary Powered 510

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to dedicate a couple hours every day after work to playing around with the 510 - if I can stick to that I think I'll make it to the Datsolocos show in May.

Yesterday, I mounted the fuel cell, painted and installed the steering parts, and started designing the brackets for my fender/core support braces.  I had to mount the front clip, so now the car is really looking like a car again!

486.jpeg

487.jpeg

I'll start working on some plumbing and wiring this week, and probably get the tires swapped over to the BBS wheels so it looks that much better sitting in the garage.  More pics as I get more done!

• Like 7

The Mini is stock engine- it's my daily, so no need to affect its reliability.

As for suspension, it's on Air Lift Performance air struts front and rear (they're made for the R53, but I was able to make new mounts to adapt them), with BC Fab's Level 1 air management. Clean and simple!

I was out in the garage a bunch all weekend, but you wouldn't really know it from looking at the car.  Lots of small stuff- I designed a mount for my fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, and ignition coils, figured out what fittings I'll need to complete the fuel system, ran some wiring, etc... just a bunch of little details that don't photograph well and aren't terribly exciting.

I DID figure out how I'm going to run my brake and clutch pedals, though- instead of going under the dash and killing any chance of normal gauges, I decided to make a floor mount:

495.jpeg

It's a tight squeeze, but it looks like everything will clear nicely.  Now I just have to finish the bracket, design some pedals, and get it all plumbed together!  I'll post more fun stuff as it happens.

• Like 3

I was out in the garage a bunch all weekend, but you wouldn't really know it from looking at the car.  Lots of small stuff- I designed a mount for my fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, and ignition coils, figured out what fittings I'll need to complete the fuel system, ran some wiring, etc... just a bunch of little details that don't photograph well and aren't terribly exciting.

I DID figure out how I'm going to run my brake and clutch pedals, though- instead of going under the dash and killing any chance of normal gauges, I decided to make a floor mount:

495.jpeg

It's a tight squeeze, but it looks like everything will clear nicely.  Now I just have to finish the bracket, design some pedals, and get it all plumbed together!  I'll post more fun stuff as it happens.

The floor mounted pedal box is a fantastic idea. IMHO, its the way it should be (but I'm an aircooled VW nerd). Love the feeling, on-foot, of the floor levers! 

• Like 1