B310 from Finland

Yes, we can not expect pristine condition from old parts. The bag can be replaced with a plastic bottle. The motor and jets/squits are what counts.

We will deal with it when time comes. For now on, please save it for me.:)

Enjoy spring, nice times ahead.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

I have two motors and the other one is going in my datsun and its huge metal thing so i assume the other plastic one is a windshield washer motor used with the lamp washers. Im sure it does something but is it powerfull enough cause i think it needs to build some pressure to clean the headlights compared to windshield with wipers. I will save all the parts.

You too jaime. I will enjoy the spring in the cold and dark garage :D

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So heres some recent progress.

Took these apart, sand blasted all the parts and painted them. They are from the spare parts car. It had decent shocks and springs. Dont know if i can even find new shocks in finland. Luckily i found new Brembo rotors and new wheel bearings. Actually i got 3 rotors now cause first i found 1 then they would only sell in pairs so i had to buy 2 more :rolleyes:

14062009139.jpg

15062009144.jpg

Now ive been cleaning the wheel wells to get rid of ALL the rust. As you can see someone really has done some welding. Well nothing new in finnish japanese cars.

DSCF0707.jpg

Found a little surprise there but nothing serious. Just a little hard place to weld.

DSCF0702.jpg

I called to a local nissan dealer for brake rubber seals (or whaterver their called) He said that he thinks they have a new gas tank for my datsun. I asked how much? 10euros said he :D Well ofcourse i took it. Dont know if i ever need it though. Always fun to find these treasures :D

13062009135.jpg

I think that's what we call self etching primer.

Which is a phosphoric acid and zinc combo, the acid forced the zinc to impregnate the top layer of the metal. It's to eliminate any left over rust and make sure the surface is ready for paint.

Edited by 72240z