B310 from Finland

Guest jaimesix
Nice to see some interesed in my datsun too :)

In finland front plate is required and i dont know any place to get rising sun stuff in finland and also you cant place anything on the windshield unless youre talking about something like this (but on the windshield) http://www.hic88.com.tw/upload/20071294271678875.jpg

Building a car is so damn restricted in finland :(

Im now quite exited in tuning up the engine a bit cause i enjoy my datsun every day more an more and i think the a15 engine i just great as it is and i just wonder how great it would be with little modifications!:rolleyes:

The A 15 engine is a very reliable engine. It can be modified from mild to wild.

With your modifications, you will enjoy a fast, nimble and fun Datsun.

About restrictions, every country has it's silly restrictions.

Here in the US, you can not legally use amber fog lamps. You can not use amber as headlamp, high beam nor fog lamps. It is silly, fact is, for foggy conditions, the best light color is amber , but the Highway patrol and the legislation are notoriously ilogical:eek:

Chances are you will have to get a rising sun sticker and use it on the glove compartment lid, or anywhere else inside your car.

In Japan there is a cult for Datsun 210s , known as well as B310. They modify and race these cars like you would not believe.

Hope to see your parts and modifications, you will not regret it.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering...wasnt Datsun 100A/100/1000 or whatever it was called there never imported to america? I havent seen any pics or talking about this model and its kind of funny cause its the most common datsun in finland. Its still quite common for a datsun and 30years ago it was very very common and popular car here. This is the model im talking about http://www.aamulehti.fi/teema/autot/jutut/4590884-big.jpg

Guest jaimesix
I've been wondering...wasnt Datsun 100A/100/1000 or whatever it was called there never imported to america? I havent seen any pics or talking about this model and its kind of funny cause its the most common datsun in finland. Its still quite common for a datsun and 30years ago it was very very common and popular car here. This is the model im talking about http://www.aamulehti.fi/teema/autot/jutut/4590884-big.jpg

The 100A if a very cool car, I would like to have one. I love it's lines and shape. Would make a very cool small performance car, excellent for driving in town with prowess.

We did not get the Datsun 1000 ( very few if any in the northern most part of the country, Washington, Oregon , Idaho.) and non whatsoever 100As.

The F10 made it here, like Ppeters says, station wagon and sedans. I remember them on the road, but I have not seen one in many years time.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

Ok. At first i was gonna get a datsun 100a but i seriously wanted an rwd car and found this b310 i had to buy this. I believe my next project is 100a if i dont happen to have amazing luck and find a 510 or some other datsun bluebird. their very rare here.

So I finally got the first part of very important area in cars interior...Car audio

2 SPL dynamics amplifiers! Spl dynamics is finnish quality car audio manufacturer. I was lucky the get these for very cheap.

Kuva065.jpg

Other car audio probably coming in my car

-ALPINE : CDE-9880R CD/usb player (Whats it called officially?)

-Autostudio/Spl dynamics 12" Subwoofer (autostudio also finnish)

-DLS MS6a 2way speakers

Cant wait to get them all but it'll take time cause im quite broke...Mostly buying the stuff used when i found em cheap. All this time with my lovely datsun and no car audio at all. I wonder how am i survived :D

Guest jaimesix
Heres my first try in the rising sun logo. Its not in anyways perfect but im quite pleased how it turned out. Good practice for the hood rising sun if nothing else.

Kuva070.jpg

Very cool and very original, I have not seen any "Rising Sun" filter housings in here, I like it.:)

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Looks good! What type of speakers will you be useing with those amps?? :eek:

I had an 84 mustang back in the day 2 15" Kicker subs and a 600 watt amp. Talk about rattle you teeth! :D

Well no kickers thats for sure :D

Im more into quality than pressure and after changing plans i think im getting pioneer TS-SW1241D http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/130/201/TS-SW1241D/index.html

And for front speakers DLS ms6a http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_70

Did some photoshopping again.

I was thinking beacouse the paint is in quite good condition i wouldnt paint the whole car. So what do you think? How would the rising sun fit in the silver hood?

risingsun.jpg

I was wondering might it be possible to find new door seals from America?

Guest jaimesix

If you do not want to paint your car ( ig paint is in good shape, you are right...why do it..) you could make a large sticker for the hood. With todays' printers you can make your own stickers.

About your door seals, you can get them here, but perhaps you can get them from England as well.

If you go to the "Datsun Owners Club of UK" ( not only for British people, I go there too.)

http://www.datman.co.uk

....send a PM to "Datman" , he is cool, and he could get you those parts faster.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

If you can not get them through him, let me know, I can find out at the local Nissan dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

So soon my sunny b12 will be for sale and i can progress with the datsun.

Ive been missing the b12 a bit cause it had just amazingly good handling and it was comfortable. All stock except the -40mm springs. So i was thinking before doing any performance modifications i would like to get the handling a bit better.

I mean my datsun is comfortable its just so dull. Just want a little bit of stiffness so it wouldnt wobble so much. well my shock need to be replaced anyway.

I cant afford any coilowers and not sure if i could find any. well i quess you could find some other cars shocks? My dad is selling KYB tension adjustable shocks so i need to ask him.

So should i just try to find lower, stiffer springs from another car or do you guys have any ideas? Anything else to do than changing shocks/springs?

Thanks in advance. Im asking you rather than my dad cause he probably would just say "Why did you bought a datsun if you want a race car?" "Your nissan was a lot better handling, why did you change?" Hes getting too old :D

Edited by Tompsukka

well if you wanna go affordable and for what your looking for cut your springs cutting them not only makes your car lower but it increases the spring rate makeing them stiffer just be carful cut a little bit at a time 1/2 coil increments work best its better to cut not enough then to much

I would if it was legal. I dont want to change springs for inspections every time.

Everything is open now but every penny i get from the nissan will be going in this ride. New wheels are number 1 on the list.

Edited by Tompsukka

So have made some progress.

The front end has had some makeover.

Those attention lights (atleast what their called in Finland) are not wired cause in finland you cant have them on with the headlights and mine are always on :(

There was original mounts for those lights so maybe there was something like this or fogligst for optional accessory...

BEFORE

Kuva035-1.jpg

AFTER

Kuva083-1.jpg

Today i installed a Nissan sunny coupe (b12) seat for the drivers side and tomorrow the other side. First when i tried to fit them a long time ago i thought theyll never fit but now i decided that if they dont fit i will make them fit :D

Afterall it was rather easy. Just couple of bended original brackets and 2 self made straight pieces of metal. The pic sucks but ill take better interior shots tomorrow when i get the other seat in too. also im trying if the b12 floormat would fit somehow cause mine is totally trashed.

Kuva084-1.jpg

Guest jaimesix

Hi .

Somehow I missed your post.

Pictures look good. You are lucky you have a European version Datsun, US versions had bigger ugly bumpers and chromed bumpers, I like smaller bumpers, and black is better than chrome ( my personal opinion.)

About your father telling you why chose a Datsun if you want to go racing, that statement would be unfounded. If your father ever tells you that , remind him that Datsuns race even today, years, eons after the brand Datsun stopped being offered at dealers.

In Finland there is a cult of racing Datsuns, the Datsun 100A races in Finland, Denmark, Sweden. There is a lot to do with datsuns. In Japan there is a specific cult for the Datsun 210, which is your particular Datsun.

There are awesome Datsun 210s racing, the 2 door, 4 door and the hatchback, all in incredibly functional, attractive and super performing trim, body panels, tires, wheels, suspension, engines modified and all the works.

My computer is not working, got to get a new server, ( Earthlink sucks!), but I will search my files, I am going to find some of the Finland Racing guys (Datsun) so you can find out for yourself.

Talk to you soon, cool ride.

Jaime._________________________________________________

Well i dont think my father means it couldnt be a race car but i could have gotten something faster and better handling car for the same amount of money but your absolutely right. I dont think its more important to ride with style than speed :D Of course its not possible to make this a race car with student budget but with time this car can be a very fun car to drive. Even now i enjoy my datsun every day more and more and i havent done any major modifications to it. I hope i dont get any need to change my car. My dad always reminds me that this car wont last me long enough to make anything out of it cause the nissan i had only few months before i got this but it was completely other thing cause that car just got more boring and boring. I hope i dont change car anytime soon but if i will i hope to keep this datsun and then i can really start working on it without worries that it needs to be on the road or any time limits.

Its really hard to try to work with cars when your a student cause you barely have the money to drive it.

I really feel sorry for you guys with your ugly bumpers :D

The older model with round headligts had chrome bumpers but they were still alot smaller than back there. I really like the way this car looks but it would have preferred the round lamped version. Maybe ill get the older hood, fenders and grille someday and fit them on this.

I really appreciate you helping me and giving me some good info about my car!

(PS. Tried to get the lamp washers off yesterday but its too hard with the bumper on. Ill take some pics of the motor and the container next weekend)

Love the project!

Keepin' it real in Finland!

That little spoiler on your "boot" or "trunk" as we call it here in the US,

is UBER kewl!

I've never seen one like that before.

I appreciate how much work you are putting into this car.

Making and fabricating,:thumbsup:

rather than spending too much!

You may enjoy this thread:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7201

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man!

The spoiler was the first things to catch my eye in this car and i really love it too :cool: It was made by some quite famous company ill check it tomorrow.

I dont really get much of satisfaction in "bolt on" parts. Its just way more fun to make your own or fabricate from something else.

Im really envious for you guys when you can go hunting in scrap yards and stuff. I dont think theres any good places like that atleast not anywhere near. I would just love to go do some treasure hunting :D

Was reading your posts. Thought I would register and make some suggestions based on reading I have done and working on my B210.

Handling. Polyurethane Bushings. Just adding some Energy Suspenion bushings for the sway bar would help. You should also be able to obtain bushings for the control arms and rear trailing arms.

Performance: check your head, if its the A15 Oval Port head its for economy and is known to decrease fuel/air flow. Most people switch over to the Oval Port A14 head, as it does not have a protrusion in the port to cause swirl, thus allowing better flow. And its a stock change, otherwise as mentioned previously the weber 32/36 and headers, with a 2" exhaust for better breathing would do it.

Also, check your voltage at the coil. If its below under 13 volts, change out to a coil that can handler higher temperatures, and run battery power direct to the coil via a Bosch 2 Pole Single Throw Relay. This will give you 14.25+ volts at the coil, rendering upwards of 50K Volts in spark instead of the standard 45K at 13 Volts. That is a change you will notice in both power and mileage.

Lastly, there is the grounding system. The battery provides the ground via cable to the cars chassis. Often, the grounding cable is not large enough to provide the flow needed. Think of the cars electrical system as water flowing. You have a nice big pipe full of water going out to the system, but the return line is smaller, causing back pressure (in the case of electrical, its increased resistance). Most cars have a 10 Gauge Positive Cable and a 12 or 14 Gauge cable to the cars chassis.

With the Stereo system your adding, you will need a better alternator. The stock 50 amp just wont cut it. I dropped a 90 amp alternator for the 89-92 Nissan Maxima's into my B210. It was nice to turn on the headlights and not have the idle drop. Bought a new one for $40 off ebay, paid $20 to have the serpentine belt pulle switched out by a shop, and bought the correct plug from them for $5.00. The Maxima alternator has a shim through the bottom mounting hole, I took a drill to it to make it a bit bigger for the stock bolt, and it mounted right on.

Lastly, an old trick my Grandfather used (Master Mechanic for Buick for 15 years). Was to under gap the spark plugs by a wee bit, so that when the spark plug got warmed up the gap was right on where it was supposed to be. Not really sure if this trick ever made an improvement though...never did any testing on it.

Oh, sharp little car too. I like the rear spoiler myself, it looks good.

Dude...Thanks alot! Thats a nice add for the "to do" list

I will be sure to keep this in mind and i will be looking for the a14 head as soon i got some extra cash. So the A15 always has the bad head? Where could i see what head do i have in case someone has changed it?