B310 from Finland

For those who havent seen my baby

pieni.jpg

So im not going to do any major modifications to my b310 but ill keep you updated on the progress. When i first saw the exhaust i almost laughed. Now i started doing a new exhaust from 2" pipe. First i did only the rear part of the exhaust and put a stainless steel muffler at the end. Im having a little problems in fitting it cause its hitting the rear axle and its making an awful noise but tomorrow ill start doing the rear part of the exhaust out of 2" pipe too and fitting a bigger muffler (not freely flowing) hopefully that absorbs a little more noise. May weldings are not pretty to watch but they do what their ment to do and not leaking :lol: The muffler is in a bit funny angle but it might be just weird enough for me :lol: Im gonne make a little cleaner brackets for the muffler.

(Do you call it muffler?)

Kuva040.jpg

I also made a treasure hunt at my parents summer cottage but more about that later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I need some opinions here from the professionals. Should i put on the roof rack?

Kuva044.jpg

Kuva045.jpg

I kind of like the oldschool look of it put then again it kind of breaks the nice body lines... I need to do some mounts for it. Now its just sitting on top of the roof.

Guest jaimesix

You have a nice Datsun. I recommend never even attempting to mount that roof rack. You will ruin the roof, and if that happens, it will be expenseive to repair, and rust and water can sip in through the roof onto the rest of the car. ( William, any pictures of Vic's 610??? )

Try the regular roof racks if you want one installed, the ones that mount on the rain gutter channels, and use rubber isolators on the racks' feet to prevent abrading the channels.

Do you know Jylppy??? from Finland?, he has a cool B210 ( 120Y ) with an L18 engine, recnelty he rebuilt that motor with Wiseco pistons and all the tricks.

Nice car, Terveideksi !!:thumbsup:

Jaime.__________________________________________________

So there has been a couple of modifications

Changed the ugly mirrors

Kuva051.jpg

And also phichanged the head lights to some better looking with clear lenses with philips 80% more powerful bulps(?) Their much better looking in live than in pictures and give a bit modern look so modern head lights and oldschool mirrors :lol: Also repainted all the front ends black plastic parts.

Kuva057.jpg

Kuva056.jpg

And the black thing in middle of all the pictures is just some shit under my cameras lens so my signal isnt cracked:)

Guest jaimesix

Looking good.

I noticed your bumpers have a headlamp washer, right? That is cool.

Those lamps look nice in contrast to the black grille and bumpers.

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Thanks! Thats right but their not in use and im gonna get rid of them ugly things :D

What is trash for some, could be a treasure to others.:rolleyes: I would be interested in buying that system, if you get it out of your car. Let me know.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Im pretty sure im really starting this project after my work ends and atleast when i get my nissan sold so maybe in 4 weeks... Its gonna get oldschool. I really like the rat style but then again im not sure if i want it to my own car. I hate when my car looks untidy. The color is gonna be BLACK...Is there any other color? :D I was thinking about the rat look and matt black but some people might not understand what im seeking with that color cause rat style is still rare here and everybody just might think its a piece of junk :( Well what the hell does it matter what others think but still i like my car to look clean so i guess i will go with the shiny black. The front end is gonna get dropped some and rear is gonna stay stock height and im gonna mount the roof rack so i guess its still not gonna be ratsun but just oldschool datsun or is a matt color an absolute must have? :)

Well if you'd live in finland id give em to you but i dont think its worth the effort sending them there. Theres millions of cars with washers like that :D

not over here unless you go high end, like Mercedes, Audi or BMW. and even then the older cars (pre 99 in some cases) never came with them. to get the system for my VW i have to go to Canada and pray i find one with the parts i need.

Guest jaimesix
Well if you'd live in finland id give em to you but i dont think its worth the effort sending them there. Theres millions of cars with washers like that :D

Right, over here those systems are unheard of unless you are talking about top of the line luxury models, and import models, I do not know about US domestic cars having them ( systems.)

If you want to get rid of it, let me know, I want it. How is it work, does it work together with the windshield washer reservoir/pump???, or is it have it's own pump and reservoir?

About your car, ratsun does not really mean, flat black colors, it includes performance mods done by you, a car that does not look luxury or fancy, but performer and functional, sportier.

There was a car show in Finland, FinnJAE 2008.

http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/Aki_Har/FinnJAE%202008/?start=all

Did you go?

Jaime.______________________________________________________

It has an ugly plastic bag for the liguids and i guess it has its own pump but im not sure. I didnt even know about any FinnJAE:(. Need to remember it next year...

The performance updates will probably never happen beacouse of the finnish laws. 20% more hp than the most powerful engine that has been used in that model is allowed so only option would be turbo and thats expensive and there probably aint any parts avaible for datsuns to make it possible. Cars are made for driving so i needs to be reliable.

Guest jaimesix
It has an ugly plastic bag for the liguids and i guess it has its own pump but im not sure. I didnt even know about any FinnJAE:(. Need to remember it next year...

The performance updates will probably never happen beacouse of the finnish laws. 20% more hp than the most powerful engine that has been used in that model is allowed so only option would be turbo and thats expensive and there probably aint any parts avaible for datsuns to make it possible. Cars are made for driving so i needs to be reliable.

Hi Tompusukka.

There is a Datsun Finland Forum.

http://www.dnsf.org/forum/index.php

It is cool, lots of information.

About performance for your Datsun , you can use a Weber carburetor, a progressive 32/36 , a set of headers / extractors , an electronic distributor if yours does not have it, and an electronic ignition module like an MSD.

That package alone will give your Datsun a lot of power. That package makes your engine unrecognizable. It is great, and it will add HP, but I do not think it will be more than 20%, so you would be ok in regard to Finnish vehiclular code.

About the headlamp cleaning system, I like it, let me know if we can do something about it.:)

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Well...i wish i would know what all those things are in finnish :D

Dont know much vehicle language...

I wonder how much would a weber affect the gasoline usage (how to say that better?) The gasoline prices are sick in finland but this sounds cool. i just need to find out what all the things you listed are.

I will tell you if I take off the washers so we can plan something...maybe we can do some trading theres some much stuff in there what you cant get from finland

I know about that dnsf site but i just cant find anything useful from there atleast not for datsuns thats why i came here :D

New weber that you were talking about costs 320euros and i think its hard to find a new one. maybe i can start thinking about some performance updates next summer when i have the time and money for it. It would be nice to start crafting some headers but i need it to be dribable or i might take the whole car under project in 4weeks so maybe if i have the money i can start thinking of those things too.

If someone has a big picture of the rising sun logo i would be grateful!

Guest jaimesix
Well...i wish i would know what all those things are in finnish :D

Dont know much vehicle language...

I wonder how much would a weber affect the gasoline usage (how to say that better?) The gasoline prices are sick in finland but this sounds cool. i just need to find out what all the things you listed are.!

The Weber 32/36 progressive downdraught carburetor adds performance and improves mileage. It has two barrels, but the first one ( 32 ) opens first, the second one, ( 36 ) opens later on as speed increases, maximizing gasoline efficiency economy wise.

At the exchange rate ( thanks to GW Bush, the US dollar is underwater:( ) , you would benefit from buying a Weber in the US. Check that out. You can get brand new sets for around 300.oo US.

I will tell you if I take off the washers so we can plan something...maybe we can do some trading theres some much stuff in there what you cant get from finland

Sure, we will work it out.

I know about that dnsf site but i just cant find anything useful from there atleast not for datsuns thats why i came here :D

New weber that you were talking about costs 320euros and i think its hard to find a new one. maybe i can start thinking about some performance updates next summer when i have the time and money for it. It would be nice to start crafting some headers but i need it to be dribable or i might take the whole car under project in 4weeks so maybe if i have the money i can start thinking of those things too.

Like I said, for around 300 US dolars you can get a new 32/36. A good place to look at is "Pierce Manifolds" ( I will look for the address. My B210 is at their page...I bought a new 32/36 for my B210 from them.) 300 US dollars is like 150 Euros....:)

If you can craft a stainless steel header, that would be great and durable.

If someone has a big picture of the rising sun logo i would be grateful!

A couple members here have those flags , I am sure it will not be difficult to get.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

I saw a black b310 in the internet and i didnt like it at all so i did a quick scetch with photoshop to see how would it look white. I also removed the side list and lowered the front end a bit.

valkonen.jpg

And as we say in finland I think it looks SIKOOSSOM (sickawesome written as we pronounce it) :D

Also i really would like a rising sun in somewhere in the car. Hood maybe? seen too many times?

My dad said he could get me a weber for monday if i wanted so but it wouldnt be much cheaper but probably enough that it wouldnt be reasonable to order it from US...

Guest jaimesix

Looks cool.

Here in US this Datsun was sold as Datsun 210. Crazy japanese guys changing names of cars in different countries.

Have you thought about a rising sun license plate? You can buy a license plate with the rising sun colors and use it in the front. Some countries do not require a front plate ( not mandatory ).

Otherwise you can mount it on the side. Another idea for the rising sun is a visor. The top area of the windshield.

If you get a Weber, you will not regret it, it will perform very good.

Cool to see a Datsun in Finland taking shape.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Nice to see some interesed in my datsun too :)

In finland front plate is required and i dont know any place to get rising sun stuff in finland and also you cant place anything on the windshield unless youre talking about something like this (but on the windshield) http://www.hic88.com.tw/upload/20071294271678875.jpg

Building a car is so damn restricted in finland :(

Im now quite exited in tuning up the engine a bit cause i enjoy my datsun every day more an more and i think the a15 engine i just great as it is and i just wonder how great it would be with little modifications!:rolleyes: