datsun heritage museum

datrod

Good point. So,,,,,, can WE help them out? I mean, who has compiled more information than most of Us on here? If We knew what direction the museum was headed, each of Us could take a task to get it a really nice museum. Point in case: One of Us could document ALL Datsun ads that We know of. Another could find dealer locations (as suggested on another thread). Another could document all factory rims (steel and mag type) as well as hubcaps. So on, so on and so on. There are enough of Us on here to get it done pretty fast. Just a suggestion.

Steroid, Great idea. At the next meeting I'll ask the directors where they would like to be with this thing. I was not able to go on sat, but I was told it was pretty busy. In a perfect world they would like a docent to take a small group thru and explain the cars and the history. I don't think most people know what it takes to do something like this on your own. I guess you can't please everybody. If you don't like what you see, Ask if you can help to make it better. I'm not sure how long this will last if they don't have $$$$ coming in. And no backing from Nissan. So I think we should all enjoy the ride. While it is there. If we all bash it and don't try to help it, it will be gone soon. Lets wait until we hear from Jason and Guy they were there today. They didn't have a truck so that might be bad. They did try but the guy didn't get it together in time. Enough for now. Let's all get our rides ready for JCCS. :cool:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John very good points! This takes a huge effort & is ALL done by volunteers. John, do we know how often the cars will be "rotated" & or leaving & new vehicles allowed to come in ? Im sure we can find a 620 clean enough to be put on display :DOk...I talked Guy earlier & he gave me permission to post the pics he took...looks like a nice setup & we should all be glad it's here to enjoy...

a few of Mr K's Z car...

mrkz6.jpg

mrkz7.jpg

mrkZ.jpg

mrkz3.jpg

Ill post a fe wmore in a bit.

me and wife were at the museum,looks good, we see a 38 dat, 2 roadster,1dat patrol,bunch of Zs,lots of pics,can not post pics,computer notlet me do the pics.,sorry we were on saturday morning,people were nice..........:cool:

Guest jaimesix

I will drop by in my 610 as soon as it is ready....nice way to test drive and feel the new suspension and other bits.:)

I will take some ideas, and look for my favorite first Datsun loves amongst that crowded ( with Datsuns ) museum.

Is this a private museum?? or a Nissan owned one?

Jaime._________________________________________________________

I will drop by in my 610 as soon as it is ready....nice way to test drive and feel the new suspension and other bits.:)

I will take some ideas, and look for my favorite first Datsun loves amongst that crowded ( with Datsuns ) museum.

Is this a private museum?? or a Nissan owned one?

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Yes it's a private museum. No funding from nissan.

Why did mr.k sell his Z? :blink:

Anyways, I should totally put my car in that museum. It'd do more there than it does in my drive way :rolleyes:

Mr, K didnt sell it he gave it to Johnny Gable, She was his personal Asst: for many years. :cool:

Talk about the Grand Tour! You can feel the history as you walk through and Fred has the stories to go with the memorabilia.

John, thanks for making sure we were taken care of it was good to meet you in person.

Sorry I only got a few pic's cause I was too busy listening. :D

This thing was cool, Mr K's origional inspiration for a lightweight two seater, the Smith Flyer by Briggs & Stratton.

DSCN3829.jpg

DSCN3831.jpg

DSCN3830.jpg

DSCN3832.jpg

That knob is the starter :P

1936 Datsun. Sweet little car, it was built in part by Bantam Motor Co. and if you know Jeeps you know Bantam. Sorta explains that Jeep Datto love thing...

DSCN3823.jpg

DSCN3803.jpg

DSCN3802.jpg

The Z

This is Mr. K's secretary's car, she is showing it at the museum. Mr. K gave her this one and still has the other one.

DSCN3806.jpg

This is about where the pictures start getting fast and loose, cause I'm trying to keep up so I can hear the stories :D

DSCN3807.jpg

DSCN3810.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3821.jpg

DSCN3822.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3819.jpg

Johns (datrod)'s car :cool:

DSCN3820.jpg

Patrol money shot :D

DSCN3808.jpg

Lot's of history in the memorabilia you can see alot of it in the other pic's too.

DSCN3804.jpg

DSCN3815.jpg

Poster for Z America Relay. Z-car road trip in the shape of a Z from West to East coast, back and down and then across again...and people say Canby is to far :)

DSCN3817.jpg

and a few manuals

DSCN3824.jpg

These hubcaps are killer. When I said, "Nice hubcaps" Fred told me they used to have a warehouse full of them. They would take them off and install alloy wheels when the cars came into the dealer. All gone now though. :(

DSCN3811.jpg

I can't believe I took so few pic's, there was a nice Bluebird SSS 510, a beautiful blue roadster. and the Patrol is super clean.

Alot of the cars are low miles. The Black 96 TT had like 400 miles or something, last one ever built.

There was another Z that has over 400k and the owner rebuilt it completely recently. Looked like a new car.

Hope you guys like the pic's I did get. If you get the chance, definitley check it out and have a chat with Fred. I learned more about the history of Datsun than I already knew (which turns out to be not a whole lot) :)

Thanks again John for coming down and hanging out... and thanks for the souvenier.

It was based on the American Austin Bantam, and was re-engineered for ease of production by Chevrolet engineers [and tongue in cheek was called the Chevy Bantam] who helped set up the Japanese production line. This was an Americanized Austin Bantam, son of the Austin Seven which by the way was also sold as a design to BMW and was the first BMW automobile as opposed to motorcycle. Didn't know that Datsun had so many cousins did we?

A few years ago there was an Austin Seven running around the Redondo Beach CA area, but I haven't seen it for about 10 years.

Steve, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, I think you made a mistake that #46 car belongs to a guy named Ron Carter,( I wish it was mine.) My car is the silver one next to Mr, K's yellow one. You & Angie must have had the best tour of anyone, All weekend there were so many people you would have never had Fred spend that much time with you, Boy he really likes that one on one, :D

The Yankee Candle Factory is up by me and it is like disney land for crafty candle lovers. Anyway they used to have a micro car museum! Alas it closed before I ever visited.

Anyhoo they still have a Bantam American pickup truck!! It is so tiny and sooo damn cool. NExt time I am up there I shal have to take pics!

• 2 years later...