datsun heritage museum

datrod

Sept 14-15 will be the grand opening of the (DATSUN HERITAGE MUSEUM)

This will be a great event to celebrate all things DATSUN. A group of old Nissan employees and friends of Mr K. are starting the first museum of datsun history. I'll post up the time and location later today. I'm going to take a cruz over there today and check it out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. I dropped my 240Z off at the museum last night. Nice place.

The date is Sept 12-14. Grand opening. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. There will be lots of really rare and cool stuff. A 1938 datsun Phatehon will be there,

Also Mr K's old Gnose 240Z,( A 850HP twin turbo V-8 240Z street car), There will be a DJ there alll weekend. Some old school car clubs will be stopping by. Should be a great weekend. They are looking for some original early cars for display, And trucks. :cool:

DATSUN HERITAGE MUSEUM

41610 Date St Suite #103

Murrieta, Ca. 92562-7091

951-696-1087

http://www.datsunheritagemuseum.com

• 4 weeks later...

So how many of you clowns are going to come to the museum. Man if your local you should try and make it. I was down there yesterday and it really looks like a real automuseum, Tons of cool stuff. :cool: And cool old ass cars. When was the last time you saw a 1938 datsun. Or a super clean 1963 Datsun truck. They are going to have food and music. Should be a good time. Plus they need your support. You do love Datsuns Right?

I would, but taking the boss to the museum is about as much Datto I think I can wrangle out of her while on vacation :D

I'll let you know though, maybe we can meet up at the museum. I could give you that steering wheel I keep forgetting to have shipped :P

I went, I was a bit underwhelmed. I may have been looking at some historically significant Datsuns, but there is no signage on any of the cars. Unless you know the history of the vehicles prior to the visit, the signifigance is lost on us non-racers.

When I was there, not ONE person was looking at the vehicles. About 20 or so people were sitting at the tables giving the sandwiches more attention than the vehicles.

I gave someone's new GT-R more attention in the parking lot than I did any vehicles at the display.

I went, I was a bit underwhelmed. I may have been looking at some historically significant Datsuns, but there is no signage on any of the cars. Unless you know the history of the vehicles prior to the visit, the signifigance is lost on us non-racers.

When I was there, not ONE person was looking at the vehicles. About 20 or so people were sitting at the tables giving the sandwiches more attention than the vehicles.

I gave someone's new GT-R more attention in the parking lot than I did any vehicles at the display.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit.:( They put alot of wotk into that thing, I had some nice signage for my car but they didn't use it. I'm sure it will get better. You have to realise that pretty much 2 or 3 people put that together with no help from Nissan or any orher sponsers. Some I'm sure will think they would have done a better job setting it up, But if you want it better jump in and help them out.

Good point. So,,,,,, can WE help them out? I mean, who has compiled more information than most of Us on here? If We knew what direction the museum was headed, each of Us could take a task to get it a really nice museum. Point in case: One of Us could document ALL Datsun ads that We know of. Another could find dealer locations (as suggested on another thread). Another could document all factory rims (steel and mag type) as well as hubcaps. So on, so on and so on. There are enough of Us on here to get it done pretty fast. Just a suggestion.