Datsun BBQ @ Garage Auto Hero

Icehouse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I guess it was a burnout.

But there is a trick to doing it. 1st have a Subaru LSD. Posistion car in which you make a turn so the inner wheel once locked up will have to go the same speed as the other which causes the slide(in kid terms a DRIFT )then just keep the RPMs up and over correct later in the streering dept so it looks more impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad for my 1st built L16. I should have done a L20 years ago!!!!!!!

Oh Yea a it only has a stock exhaust manifold and a 1.75 inch pipe then a 2in Dynomax Stainless Ultaflow. (will do 2in underneath the car one day)

Motor is just stock datsun parts(NO fancy stuff) and a Pertronix ignition!!!!!!!

Isky cam grind(Delta regrind) and 40mm Mikunis.

As for Dougs 510(bremerton guy) I belive he had the wrong distributor pedastall install as for the motor was lined up correctly but he rotor DID NOT point on a plug wire. It was inbetween 1&3 plug wires. So Ray StoneHocker made Doug drop the spindal and adjust it. But I told him if he ever put in another dist he could have this proplem that why if ever taking a distributor alwas get the matching pedastll with it and this wont happen.

He also had a overvolt proplem which I swapped in my reg and didnt do anything but also he wire in his tack wrong which we disconnected(wire later)

Put another ground on and maybe try again with the reg and or alternator.

he was a happy man(Doug) but as always these are EZ motors