521 wheel / rim offset and width

Ive had a search but cant seem to find anything on this topic relating to a 521... But i am new to this forum so if ive missed it i apoligize in advance.

Im wanting to do some wide steel rims 15's for my 521 tray back and would like to know what width and offset i can get away with.

It will be driveable low.

Ive been thinking i would like 15x8 front and 15x10 rear.

.....thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all really based off offset too, 15x8s should work fine if they're around -30s and you may have to roll your fenders depending on how low you go.

15x10s you'll definitely need to roll fenders, stretch tire, or flare it.

• Like 1

Ah i see i have seen those rims in alot of 521 pics yeah the blazer didnt make it this far south. I do like them but most likely impossible for me to get here unfortunately. so they are a 15x8 0 offset?

• Like 1

i need help too, will 2000-2004 frontier or xterra wheels fit on my 521's???  16x7 offset +39.

I have seen topics before but nothing set in stone??? Help please

• Like 1

i need help too, will 2000-2004 frontier or xterra wheels fit on my 521's???  16x7 offset +39.

Very doable without fancy 4 piston calipers.

Phixus has a set on his 521.

• Like 1

just a little FYI, Any wheel from a 04 and OLDER will have the same bolt pattern as our dattos(6x139.7 or 6x5.5in).  the 05 and UP went to 4.5 or 114.3 x6 six lug,

flatcat/ beer

Very doable without fancy 4 piston calipers.

Phixus has a set on his 521.

ive got 17x8 et40 S/C xterra wheels. ( NEEDS SPACERS !!) on me truck.

2013-06-22_18-06-31_876_zps8820a737.jpg

I made this thread when I first tried them out.  vhttp://community.ratsun.net/topic/37296-sc-xterra-wheel-fitment/

Ive seen other xterra/titan/frontier/infinity wheels on datto trucks.  I think, Yellow620 has some of those flat four spokes.  The most popular is the 18" titan 6 spoke and 5 spokes.

sticky thread for those...http://community.ratsun.net/topic/2105-datsun-faq-frequently-asked-questions-look-here-first/

heres jrocks with 18 six spoke

IMG_20130427_124419_zps04c61451.jpg

2013-03-08171941_zps31252895.jpg

and Hans (not on ratsun or any forum) 18" infinity rims. (red truck in middle)

another popular wheel is the 7 spoke. like on socaldatsuns truck.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35913-hey-yall-she-breaths/page-4

And Welcome. Just embrace ratsun with open arms and dont be afraid....  And Post Pctures!!!  most ratsuners dont know how to read and just look at pictures... (Im one of them)

Yeah not a fan of the new school wheel on the old school truck....not enough dish....but that first one looks pretty good tho. The red one needs a big rethink it looks shite... each to there own i guess.

Yeah those pathfinder wheels are on patrols over here. Pictures will flow soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this discussion earlier and did do some research.

The 15x8 GM Rally wheels that guys use have a 4" backspce or about a -12 offset (thank you datson4life for measuring yours). I plan on using 16x8 +0 offset wheels with 215/40-16 tires on my 521.

I had this discussion earlier and did do some research.

The 15x8 GM Rally wheels that guys use have a 4" backspce or about a -12 offset (thank you datson4life for measuring yours). I plan on using 16x8 +0 offset wheels with 215/40-16 tires on my 521.

Yeah cheers after doing some research and measuring myself im thinking 8" 0 offset is the way to go.

Ah i see i have seen those rims in alot of 521 pics yeah the blazer didnt make it this far south. I do like them but most likely impossible for me to get here unfortunately. so they are a 15x8 0 offset?

That they are.

they are not 15x8 0 offset... they are 15x8 - 19. thay fit all around but if low you may want to stretch a bit and roll the lip flat. i ran them on my 521 in the front, had a 195/50 on them and had to roll it a bit and i was slammed. i swapped to a 175/55 adn thay clear alot better and ar the same height as a 195/50, just a bit narrower to clear the sheetmetal.

• Like 1

they are not 15x8 0 offset... they are 15x8 - 19. thay fit all around but if low you may want to stretch a bit and roll the lip flat. i ran them on my 521 in the front, had a 195/50 on them and had to roll it a bit and i was slammed. i swapped to a 175/55 adn thay clear alot better and ar the same height as a 195/50, just a bit narrower to clear the sheetmetal.

Good to know I've been wrong this whole time. 

And even better to know on the tire size.

Got pics of that?

Good to know I've been wrong this whole time. 

And even better to know on the tire size.

Got pics of that?

yeah its what i ran on the front of my truck. i ran a 15x8 -32 on the rear so i know the k5 wheels will fit the rear no prob, but heres the k5s with a 195/50 on em and the truck is slammed with just the inner lip rolled up, no actual pull out on ther fender so it still has stock appearance.

0BA5AB2C-E084-434A-BCDA-F57B4C2CADB2-183

and here it is with a 175/55 on that same wheel

9012220590_ffd6a19595_o_zps20875019.jpg

• Like 1