FutoFab Introduces Steel 510 Body Parts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I love that this is happening stateside. About time we get a special parts source and affordable shipping rates! No more out of reach Aus or Japan shipping.... Yay!

They are being made in Taiwan and shipped over. If there was someone who would buy in bulk from Australia, I bet we could get decent prices all around. 

FutoFab initially looked at the Australian market as a source for steel body parts. What we found were 3 potential suppliers, one who was actually making panels in house, by hand.

We also found that most of these panels were patch panels with the exception of tail light and 4 door quarter panels. None of these potential sources were offering parts such as fenders, hoods, rockers, valances, or any other major panels other than the tail light panel and 4 door quarters.

So the Australian market, which looked so promising at first, kind of turned into a bust because of the limited panels they offered and the multiple sources we would be buying from to offer any amount of variety to our customers. FutoFab continued searching and we were eventually put in contact with our supplier in Taiwan.

Our ultimate goal was to find a single source who could provide FutoFab with as wide a variety of steel parts for the 510 as possible. That we have done.

• Like 5

From the pics it looks like the fenders are early style with the higher smaller hole for the arrow markers

Yep, and the emblem holes are forward of the arch. Just want to make sure that thats the direction were all headed. Would also like to see 68 bumpers come out of this deal.

holy shit this is awesome......might wanna quit with all the requests .......im sure there a little harder to punch out then a phone in  pizza order....lets be happy with this amazing turn of events and congratulate futo fab on catering to the datsun community.....thanks dave.....its awesome ... i have too wondered why every camaro /  muscle car can have repops but nobody has repopped j tin stuff for dattos.....this is freaking awesome....when can we expect the repopped shells?  lol j/k

• Like 2
Guys,
Thank you for all the interest and support. I will know much more about their products and manufacturing process by the time I return but based on what they do make for US market cars the Datsun panels will be full panels and not just a patch panel.

What I mean by "full panels" is these parts will replicate the OE part. Shaped like the original and attaching like the original. They will have seams where the factory parts had seams and weld flanges where there were weld flanges.

This firm has been making reproduction body panels since 1985, primarily for US automobiles. They are a manufacturer, wholesaling parts to multiple retail vendors worldwide. Since '85 they have developed over 3000 different stampings and produce all the panels needed to make 100% complete body shells for 32 & 40 Ford Coupes, Tri-5 Chevys, Chevelles and mid/late 60's Camaros & Mustangs. Some of their parts are officially licensed by Ford Motor Company.

So not only are they experienced in making reproduction panels they also have the ability to make panels that will fit well enough to assemble entire reproduction body shells. The fact that their panels can be assembled into a complete structure gives me confidence that they can produce quality reproduction parts for our cars.
  • Like 3

Fenders will be available with openings for markers and badging for both the early and late model cars. They will also be available with no openings.

Front valances I assume will be later model only. I am unsure if the early valance will be offered in the future.

• Like 3