dawa's jdm wheels thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sad when 100¥ to the dollar is good.  It does make for the quick conversion though.

I weep when I recall 360 yen to the USDollar! An odd conversion until you do the math and realize that the "real" conversion factor was 1 British Pound Sterling to 1000 yen.

I just want a rough estimate because I'm not sure about what I want yet, but I want to start saving.

Protip: Start saving. The sooner you start the sooner you get to your goal. Even if you don't know what your goal is when you start.

• Like 1

Dawa, I was just wondering about how much a set of SSRs would cost shipped to California? I'm interested in 15x8 or 16x8 low offsets.

I just want a rough estimate because I'm not sure about what I want yet, but I want to start saving.

which wheels specifically? also, shipping is gonna be at least $350. usually more. depends on size/weight and method of shipping (sea vs air)

Dawa what are the going rate for a set of these right now?

approx 42000 (buy it now price) 15x6.5 +30

600x450-2013071100097.jpg

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s342807469

17x6.5 +38 65000 buy it now

bydtgp171-img600x398-1374641990tycot8355

those (and a few similar others) are the current ones circulating right now. nothin with a low offset as of yet. 

which wheels specifically? also, shipping is gonna be at least $350. usually more. depends on size/weight and method of shipping (sea vs air)

I'm not sure which wheels exactly yet, but I really like xr4 or reverse mesh. The shipping costs was my main question.

Last night I had a dream that my wheels were almost here. Quickly checked the tracking info when I awakened to be proven wrong...

I can't wait.

Just throwing it out there  :ninja:

^ same! my (personal) wheels were sent out june 20th and even though i know it takes "approx 6-9 weeks"

i check the status every single day.

Man I haven't even looked at my tracking number...maybe I should. Did you send me an e-mail or message?

NM...found it.

It think you only shipped me two wheels HAHAHA.

3fo5.jpg

nah, if the wheels are small enough, he can send two wheels per box, no worries mate :)

OH, i didnt see that image earlier. i just asked my friend whats going on. ill txt you as soon as i find out.

NM...found it.

It think you only shipped me two wheels HAHAHA.

3fo5.jpg

heres a copy/paste of the correspondence with my friend:

me: "2 out of the 4 tracking numbers arent showing up. do you know whats up with that

https://trackings.post.japanpost.jp/services/srv/search/direct?org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=6d7813ba12ab9c320ce47f81d45c5cc0&searchKind=S004&locale=en&SVID=021&JSESSIONID=LxpG416LbTLXGvW4jrqNgrsRChNWnjhr6vJYLJ2XdvLfDlH2Skd3!-200718507!1269917988250&reqCodeNo1=CI051447897JP&reqCodeNo2=CI051447883JP&reqCodeNo3=CI051447870JP&reqCodeNo4=CI051447866JP&reqCodeNo5=&reqCodeNo6=&reqCodeNo7=&reqCodeNo8=&reqCodeNo9=&reqCodeNo10=

him: "my bad, it was only ever 2 packages (packed as pairs)  so please ignore the first 2 tracking #s." 

me: "thats what i figured when my friend was like "uh i only have 2 packages coming my way"

awesome, thanks" 

him: "my fault,  apologies for that (>_<)"

so its all good :)

Hey Dawa, are you aware of any wheels that have a style just like the BBS RS, in six-lug..? Or even if BBS ever offered them in six-lug.. 

I'd love to run them, and plan to go five-lug later on, just for those oh so scrumptious rims... I don't wanna run adapters..

There's a wheel company called ESM that has claims on their website to be able to drill out to any bolt pattern. They have RS reps. Hit em up, and they said no six-lug.. Understandable why they wouldn't, but they should at least note "Any four or five lug bolt pattern" Just thought I'd throw that out there since it's kinda related, it grinds my gears.. Along with bad shifting...

I'd definitely cop another set of wheels from you if you'd be able to find some of the sort.