dawa's jdm wheels thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... Ok..

Btw, I went back to c what package the "Grind" is waiting for.... I guess it's top secret? Lol.... I should've had his wheels last year and was going to make matched sets but it didn't pan out.....I'm a bit jelly over it and maybe should've waited a bit more for them... I guess it all works out in the end...

Maybe I'm failing hard at currency conversion but google is telling me 100 japanese yen = 1 US Dollar, that can't be right... can it?  :blush:

Yes thats correct. It flucuates around but the normal conversion for awhile is 100:1. I just pretend everything is in pennies over there :rofl:

Maybe I'm failing hard at currency conversion but google is telling me 100 japanese yen = 1 US Dollar, that can't be right... can it?  :blush:

yeah its very close to 100 to 1 right now, (paypal transactions have been saying 97jpy to 1 usd.)

i usually just knock off 2 digits at the end to figure out a price, pretty much the same as how tristin thinks of it as pennies. 

i can tell you last year i bought a set of wheels and it was 75jpy to 1usd. the dollar is def making a comeback.

however dont be fooled by the low price of the wheels.. as the days go by the price sky rockets. 

these for example

nriku1029-img600x450-1374377463war34y916

at the beginning of the auction they were only 1100, and now, 4 days later they are over 33000jpy

Macgyver, If you want you can go to this website called Nengun.com. 

That is what i use to browse Yahoo Auctions Japan because it translates everything for you.  If you find a set you like, just message Dale the Yahoo Link and i'm sure he can bid on them for you

A primo example here: http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y:u:n;c:252;k:SSR;g:69

• Like 1

usually for a set of 4 it can be anywhere from 300-450 depending on size and weight.  I got lucky with mine because my sellers only made me pay 100 for a set of 4 shipped.

^ yep! thanks

Macgyver, If you want you can go to this website called Nengun.com. 

That is what i use to browse Yahoo Auctions Japan because it translates everything for you.  If you find a set you like, just message Dale the Yahoo Link and i'm sure he can bid on them for you

A primo example here: http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y:u:n;c:252;k:SSR;g:69

and thanks again :)

Last night I had a dream that my wheels were almost here. Quickly checked the tracking info when I awakened to be proven wrong...

I can't wait.

Just throwing it out there  :ninja:

• Like 1

^ same! my (personal) wheels were sent out june 20th and even though i know it takes "approx 6-9 weeks"

i check the status every single day.

a very sought after wheel in the dimensions everyone has been asking for

pair of watanabe 15x8 +0 35000jpy 

silver_hiro32-img600x450-1374651413l2tvz

19 hours left. 0 bids (means someone is lurking, waiting til last minute to bid)

at this price they would be approx $607 shipped anywhere in the US but price will undoubtedly

go up in the last few minutes. PM me if interested in these wheels and we'll work somethin out.