• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jelly of his paint trist?   :sneaky:

Haha I am! Great condition 911 4dr. :wub:

Let's see some motor pics of OP's Dime.

Yeah, this one tiny picture bullshit isnt cutting it anymore. We demand addition larger photos.

I never really thought of that. Like i said first datsun... Actually first car ever. Thanks for the help

There are an infinite number of ways to screw this up and a few chances to get it right. That is one fine looking car and it deserved to be loved. What were Honderps doing in '70? Don't worry about your friends. They can't see what you have and what you'll have in time. But they might. Find some new friends here to talk Datsuns with. Slowly a few idea will take shape. Did you know these cars are actually fun to drive???? Find that out and how to make it handle even better. Build for the future. Struts from a 280zx can be swapped in for larger calipers and vented rotors cheaper than buying new stuff and you get to learn and do it yourself. Soon you will succumb to the lust for more power but... you'll be ready.

• Like 2

Here's a project thread just getting off the ground. Have a read and see what's needed for this 4 cylinder swap. Many of these have been done and well recorded but still it will take time and effort and lots of $$$ This will be a minimum of 200hp and can go over 300 depending...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56419-another-510-ka24de-t/?do=findComment&comment=949030

PAGING BEIBER!!!

Roger dodge bieber inbound. 

Hey noobie, Welcome to Ratsun. Another Georgian here. I would recommend HIGHLY aiming to go with another direction. You're going to spend so much time/money just trying ti make this work. You could build a mild L20B and be happy with it. There are lots of L series go-fast parts around here that would make your Datsun much more enjoyable. 

An SR or RB would be too much power for someone who has never owned a car that weighs less then 2000 lbs. I wanted to do that with my 210 but I'm glad I never did. The last thing you want to do is underestimate a built 510 and kill yourself. These cars weren't designed to go as fast as an SR/RB would make them. 

• Like 1

1. Befriend Bieber

2. Learn to turn a wrench

3. Fix all the basic stuff

4. Then do some upgrades

5. ???

6. Profit

fixed. 

I'll be on the look out for another Datsun, because frankly i haven't seen another one on the road. And more pictures will be uploaded tomorow. I don't have any other ones right now.

You're looking in the wrong places mate ;) I see them every day on my side of town. Where do you live? 

• Like 1

Nice dime! My first car was never this cool! Ignore your friends, they have no taste. You are driving something pretty unique and that uniqueness comes with a unique driver. Enjoy that while your friends roll their cookie cutter Hondas.

Just wait to you go to a meet, see how much attention you will get vs your friends.

thats a NICE car.Nice stock colar also!!!!!!!!!! I mean it!

i would get some wheels that fit better so you can lower it more. those wheels are what I have but I have better offset where my wheels tuck in more.

just lower it and call it good.

take it to a car show and let your friends envy in all the guys and maybe women come up to you and say cool car.

as for putting motor in ????????well I seen to many get lost as they loose interest or mostlikey money or find a S13/14 at a good prince and dump the datsun usually in pieces.

just lower it and drive what you have and call it good in my opinion. maybe just find soem ealy hubcaps and slam it down and say FUCK your friends. Buy a New Corvett and beat them while you make payments.

As for the Hondas statment? I rather drive a stock 510 than a HOnda. But Hondas are fast and great cars just not out style as most here are rear wheel drive guys.

if you want a sr20 ADD ABOUT 5k MORE AND DO MOST OF THE WORK WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE.

key is if your used to new fuel injected cars 510s might not be for you

IMG_8919.jpg

This is how it is currently outside in my driveway.

Your honda friends were making fun of that?!

:rofl:

you know it`s probably like when that cute girl in grade school keeps hitting and pinching you,,, they are just infatuated with you and your 510 and are in need of your attention.

I would like to keep it old school, But ive had it for about 2 months but everyone of my friends have hondas and other "jdm" cars and have made fun of what i drive, but i really like Datsuns and would like to fix it up and beat the crap out of their cars.

They drive hondas, their opinions are null and void.  They are the equivalent of mustang and camaro drivers. If they were true "JDM" fans they would be jealous of your car, like somebody else said they probably are, probably that cute girl in elementary school thing. Where you hit the girl you like. 

As for the car itself, shes beautiful, maybe lower her a little (not slammed) and enjoy her, having gone through a KA swap into a my dime and still having a few issues. I half wish I would have stayed L16 or L18 and carbed. 

Nice dime! My first car was never this cool! Ignore your friends, they have no taste. You are driving something pretty unique and that uniqueness comes with a unique driver. Enjoy that while your friends roll their cookie cutter Hondas.

Just wait to you go to a meet, see how much attention you will get vs your friends.

This is so true. Go to a car show... hell find and go to a Datsun car show and see what happens.

• 6 years later...
7 hours ago, Tikka said:

I know I'm late to the party on this thread but looking for an update. What did you decide? I hope you left it alone.

Why?  Engine swaps make the 510 such a nice driver.  It's awesome to go out every morning no matter the season and have the car fire up perfect let alone the fact is has more power.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

You had me at more power. Besides an engine swap doesn't show.

Having my coupe done it's interesting to be able to swap from driving a NA SR to a turbo SR.  Pretty hard to sell yourself on less power.   My tan car feels like a turd after cruising the turbo coupe around.   Boost tricks your mind though, since power isn't throttle dependent like a NA motor.  a 1/4 throttle can be max power if you are on a hill.  

Also you can always put the old L motor back in for those guys that worry about being original or resale.  

• Like 1

People throw around the term "irreversible modifications", like there is any such thing as an irreversible mod. You can never go back once you've painted a car or truck, but anything else is reversible. Engine swaps are usually very easy to reverse.

I do like an L motor in a 510, but tons of power is nice too.

A friend of mine wants me to swap an LS into one of his 510s, but even I think that's a bit much.

4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

People throw around the term "irreversible modifications", like there is any such thing as an irreversible mod. You can never go back once you've painted a car or truck, but anything else is reversible. Engine swaps are usually very easy to reverse.

I do like an L motor in a 510, but tons of power is nice too.

A friend of mine wants me to swap an LS into one of his 510s, but even I think that's a bit much.

Have you ever had a SR 510?  I've tried them all.  Hands down best mod is SR :)  

I had a Nissan V8 for a bit.  Planned on swapping it into a 510 for a drift 510.  My buddy who is a super amazing drifter talked me out of it.  Said it will ruin the balance.  He also said it takes some of the fun out of it having so much torque.  He said it's to easy!! haha.