Alleycatgarage So Cal shop

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15x7 American racing wheels +25 offset needed a spacer ,next we go ralley racin , then lower 4" and paint wheels black, getting it a battery today and brakes work . , put in ur 2cts on this time clapsule.100_2729.jpg100_2730.jpg

Hey man nice 610 ! I love the body lines on those! and German Shepherds are my favorite dogs too haha.  :thumbup:

Did you post that roadster for sale on craigslist? I could have sworn i saw a picture of one in the corner of a gate that looked similiar ?

Thanks < my dog is 1/2 German 1/2 aussie shepherds ,I found a male of same breed for a stud to make hybred puppies later !

1956 Nomad ,my friends car project got a 2004 Yukon 5.3 junk yard motor set ( cost 2000.$delivered (cheap horsepower and gas mileage) and my friend bought a Cpp ls install kit , with headers ,oil pan motor &trans mount kit ect. ,I am helping make run ,getting aftermarket harness .

My Barney VW nightmare my re-paint 2nd time , due to bad color match ,still off ,I repaired rear bumper on both sides of license area and clear peel problem on roof , I want it gone has been here awhile too long ,my friend is selling turbo bug ! ]100_2732.jpg100_2731.jpg]100_2734.jpg]100_2736.jpg100_2737.jpg100_2738.jpg

• Like 2

Well i guess that's an upgrade from just a German shepherd :thumbup: .Oh lol that is a lot of cars you need to get rid of ! Did you say your friends had that roadster sitting for a while and you're trying to get rid of it? Or the bug? You have a lot of nice dattos everywhere  :w00t: Let me know if your interested in parting ways with the roadster and clearing up some room ! I saw that add on craiglist requesting 5 grand for both. 

Thanks < my dog is 1/2 German 1/2 aussie shepherds ,I found a male of same breed for a stud to make hybred puppies later !
1956 Nomad ,my friends car project got a 2004 Yukon 5.3 junk yard motor set ( cost 2000.$delivered (cheap horsepower and gas mileage) and my friend bought a Cpp ls install kit , with headers ,oil pan motor &trans mount kit ect. ,I am helping make run ,getting aftermarket harness .
My Barney VW nightmare my re-paint 2nd time , due to bad color match ,still off ,I repaired rear bumper on both sides of license area and clear peel problem on roof , I want it gone has been here awhile too long ,my friend is selling turbo bug ! ]100_2732.jpg100_2731.jpg]100_2734.jpg]100_2736.jpg100_2737.jpg100_2738.jpg

Bug is Randy Yorks of UFO. for sale ,you know the what the add said either Roadster 5k not both (CL)! my friend said post all forsale add keep what does not sell ,my 59 Brookwood even 12.5 k ( I may have a line on a 56 Nomad apart, I want 20+yrs garaged), we can not talk about selling here will get in trouble . A guy did ask if the kayak was included with car !100_2545_1.jpg]

• Like 1

Bug is Randy Yorks of UFO. for sale ,you know the what the add said either Roadster 5k not both (CL)! my friend said post all forsale add keep what does not sell ,my 59 Brookwood even 12.5 k ( I may have a line on a 56 Nomad apart, I want 20+yrs garaged), we can not talk about selling here will get in trouble . A guy did ask if the kayak was included with car !100_2545_1.jpg]

Oh ok lol yea my Ratsun etiquette went out the window ! Oh I guess I misunderstood the craigslist add ! I can't afford 5k man but if you ever really want to get rid of it let me know ! Does it come with the kayak ? :rofl: lol.

That's a sweet ride!

1970 late production serial # car has some different stuff ,no porta hole ,seat are high backs with headrest has a 5spd already and a new GM alternator complete brake over haul and R. side control arm bushings and other stuff , want to flare it and make this bad , cause I can roll out flares but takes two people to form metal . ,http://www.stanleyku.com/thekucars/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/datsunroadster1600-600x362.jpg

1970 late production serial # car has some different stuff ,no porta hole ,seat are high backs with headrest has a 5spd already and a new GM alternator complete brake over haul and R. side control arm bushings and other stuff , want to flare it and make this bad , cause I can roll out flares but takes two people to form metal . ,http://www.stanleyku.com/thekucars/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/datsunroadster1600-600x362.jpg

Does it run good? From the ad it says it grinds in second right? I don't want to make you an offer because it wont be one you would believe to be reasonable so i prefer to just sit back and admire it until someone comes on a by and gives you what you want for it brother  :thumbup:

If you drive normal it is fine , only when speed shifting into 2nd , and really I need to drive these slower ,and I have a spare 4spd and I will swap and keep that roadster two liter 5spd trans , and it runs great I would drive it long distance ,did I say it has a header also , really want to keep it !but have the 65 also ,it is a sickness when you can't keep them all ! I try and keep rust free and straighter cars ,getting harder to find ,minor damage on this car .

100_2450.jpg]

Enough 311 talk .Here is a customers beautiful ford van ,I am painting one full side! has a Maco job ,so he paid extra and they did not take out a bunch of simple dings they were supposed to ,and to make worse ,had old body work they left and painted over cracks in R. lower rear, and what do they say in bodywork ? The cracks always come back !I hate to grind on this nice van . the tape represents most dinks ,I know you guys have loved some of the vans I post ,I work on a few ,usually make hoses .Another note ,those are van side doors on rear to eliminate license plate depression .100_2754.jpg]100_2752.jpg100_2749.jpg100_2753.jpg]100_2747.jpg

• Like 1

The Van bodywork ready for a special primer for a single stage paint , some primers attack the paint edge of bodywork been there before ! last pic a little more Kryptonite for my little friend ,(ok he's not little ) with JDM marker for shop truck will weld in stocker . .100_2768.jpg]100_2757.jpg100_2741.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

-Drive by 31 CHEVY and a 1964.5 Mustang here for some work small stuff .

1931 CHEVY- Early six cylinder car - I have done work on it, all three colors ! really beautiful car and restoration ,guy is 85 YO that drives it , let him drive my 510 to paint store .

1964.5 Rarest -Stang true 3spd early V8 car ,worth crazy money as is even ,hear for timing chain and other stuff .

Back to Nomad soon ,motor is in .

Last pics some have this awesome tool ! for people on here that have never played with one , it is a sound wave device to find shorts or identify a wire at other end . You use that yellow pin device and it sounds in wire to remote wireless transmitter , it helped me find a starter wire that changed color from switch . 100_2829.jpg]100_2830.jpg]100_2833.jpg100_2823.jpg100_2824.jpg[/

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Back to shop truck ,I tried something from the tri fives I work on here , it is in steps , takes a little while to RE-ARC.Also that a piece of wood my friend jetted for my rear disc set up I am making for stock or lowered trucks with working park brake ,back to leafs only has a two inch block and rear axles are about three and a half inches from frame rail ,in pic is my lowered flipped model next to stock , in press notice the plate and paint lines I used to gauge the distance every press to keep the same re- ARC .I will sell brackets and cables after testing with trained chimps .100_2901.jpg100_2902.jpg100_2904.jpg100_2903.jpg100_2905.jpg100_2906.jpg100_2913.jpg100_2919.jpg100_2921.jpg]

• Like 2

Sorry Charlie and Daniel my 521 purist may not like my butchery , here is out come shots ,just hate big block s , please people respond with some feed back ! running three leafs and one fat plank style bottom leaf was too low with the two leafs and plank.Also 225x45 did not fit had to go 215x50 and just clear on 8" wide wheels.100_2915.jpg]100_2917.jpg]100_2916.jpg100_2912.jpg]

• Like 3

Brad,

What offset are your running?

I have plans for 215/40-16 on an 8" +0 wheel for my 521.

Chevy Rally Wheels are 15x8 -12 offset and guys get away with them, but you are riding pretty LOW there bud.

Good job on the re-arch. My Dad has done it with a 3# cross peen hammer, hitting the spring laid over a gap in an iron base. Lots of hammer blows and a whole bunch of noise!

• Like 1

Were too old for 40s ride harsh ! anyway my wheels are 17x8 with 10 offset front will be205x45x17 (could go 15mm better maybe ? not zero with rear disc wider )mine also were on a Suburban I think , I did not want 17s but starting to grow on me , My sons lt. blue truck on jdm truck wheels topic had 16x8 with 205x50x 16s check out .

• Like 1

Shop truck progress--- Z32 Calipers

Measured and tested the hoses for inverted flare 10mm fitting and did another extreme bend ,(most calipers are 10mm banjo type) 91-96 Z32 are this type , made very short hoses 12" ,black stainless hose, with stiffener incase hits inside , also got my test rear disc brackets for my 521 , a little thick at 1/4 after brakes doing E-brake cables ,100_2928.jpg100_2929.jpg 100_2930.jpg]100_2931.jpg

• Like 3

More shop truck - Rear disc brakes and brake hard line route . I am trying to create any easy install for anyone to install !

Decided to go a bit different route ,install 10mm three way inv. fitting on hard line at truck bed level, make a hard line 28" install a brake hose mount with a hose clamp on right side to frame round tube below bed and 14.5" brake ss. hoses one male on female with banjo fitting .(you can purchase a 30" at napa for this also 10mm )

I make offroad hardlines and brake hose set ups for some dirt trucks and started to putting vacuum hose over hard lines to protect it from rocks and insulate from damage so I never throw away fuel or vac hoses so that is used hose on hard line over diff.

I measure shim washers to make even and spray glue together then glue to caliper brackets , reason for shims is right side took two ,left side took three to get rotor center in cage .

Rotors for 240sx calipers are only 9mm ,the rotors I am using are 12mm and fit tight , I am testing before I remove and turn down , so far so good , park brake maybe work better like this we will see ?

Exhaust is stock and to keep hose routing away , may need insulation near there !

Waiting for any input on my rear set up ,if I need to change it now ? or you like it , keep following to see if works ?100_2936.jpg]100_2937.jpg]100_2938.jpg100_2939.jpg100_2933.jpg100_2934.jpg

• Like 1

Shop Truck-four wheel disc brakes are bled and working with rear rotors as is , next is park brake option and go into master cyl. I used .

Also doing a Wilwood front set up on a 620 at this time if anyone has interest please speak up ,I will post .

Had to post beautiful cars-- on Saturdays here some of my customers drive by's, one guy owns both cars 57 Nomad and 60 Camino and he has another 56 Nomad , I am trying to get a Nomad also may trade my Delivery straight across for a car with no motor or trans all stock , I am sick and always wanted sexy wagon , just look at slanted pillar and back door .100_2940.jpg100_2942.jpg100_2945.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I did this truck for a friend , real nice driver ride height ! ,flipped and re-ARC rear leafs remove only one leaf(NO BLOCKS HERE ) ,was too stiff and also got Dilwoods front brakes and maybe my rear conversion later ,and many other small repairs including a little bodywork R. front fender and hood, and we will see how close color primer sealer comes out ,(my cust bought two hoods to get a good one )my wheels actually look pretty good on truck without any spacers 15x6.5 , he may be buying mine and selling 15x7 centerlines ,hit calipers without spacers . Really good to see people fixing up more trucks , get one before it gets too late !100_2951.jpg.100_2955.jpg100_2956.jpgdoing a set of fenders also for a quick job .

100_2952.jpg100_2953.jpg100_2954.jpg]100_2959.jpg

• Like 2

Shop truck got parking brake cables , had them made near by ,they are uber long crossing over differential ,but they pull straight and use factory cable holders and springs even ,short throw on der handle ,I am making some kits soon with brackets cables and brake hoses for 521 rear disc like mine , please put + or _- input on long cables , a giant step for 521 kind !

Now I can remove exhaust !100_2960.jpg100_2961.jpg]100_2962.jpg]100_2963.jpg]100_2964.jpg]

• Like 4