• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Ed Eye or other merican lovers.

Miracles or dumb ass - You be judge on this one ! My 1956 Sedan delivery (we never get to work on my car )I have a balanced motor mild cam alu. manifold mech secondary carb in this love boat maybe 400hp , awhile back installed a stock rear end cause OLDs was too wide and wanted street gears 3.56 I think .I took a buddy for a ride and lit up 2nd gear hard 75ft.maybe ,the next day low oil pressure ,shit , so I had my buddy who was working here change oil pump to high volume melling , start up same 5psi at idle max at 20 so I parked for a couple months and figured I spun rear main ( where pump is) bearing, which can be changed with motor in carefully. So I removed pump and rear crank bearing journal and looked great and no metal pieces , so I took pump in shop and disassemble , found my (SO CALLED FRIEND NASE SMOG TECH IDIOT LAZY ASS )friend changed pump and left bottom of pump with oil pick up tube from older pump ,it just has two small welds on tube to hold pressed fit tube and also OIL PRESSURE BYPASS IS ON THERE , so I looked at that and spring was broke in four pieces Found oil pump box ,had new piece with oil bypass valve and welded on tube re-assemble and there is a GOD < idles at 40 psi .

So my advice is always check out and try and find problems ,I was about to pull my motor and install a different one and go through it again ! Front disc kit like 500 with 2" drop and master and booster for Ed eyes wagon !pic of Z hamming up for attention .

Car on lift is a time capsule , looks like a blimp up there !keeper if I can ,never get another this straight.100_2604.jpg100_2602.jpg100_2605.jpg]100_2608.jpg100_2607.jpg100_2603.jpg

• Like 1

After hrs. a couple hrs. on 521 shop truck , has turned a little wrong ! throwing a bunch of old race parts hanging around here at it ,( have a blue race L18 with a big head also but needs race gas to run this ) working on semi new z20 (60 k ) motor ,are these four valve pistons stock ? I think was a 1981 model ,

Anyway here it is ,a cleaned up U60 head ,valve springs and a Bre cloned cam , have specs I think 538, lift , verify size later .

Have this smooth intake very RARE Devello type with these really clean 48mm Solexs made in Italy ,Inside RED plastic stacks notice not much choke, ouch ! I think I can get jets out here !just have to try and run these . Gas is cheap why not ?(BRE 510 says no way )100_2610.jpg100_2611.jpg100_2634.jpg]100_2613-1.jpg100_2628.jpg100_2629.jpg]100_2632.jpg100_2630.jpg]100_2631.jpg]100_2633.jpg

Came in Sat. morning and wanted to clarify regarding chokes ( I tuned a few sets and thought maybe esplain about big hole vs. a smaller choke) ,on side draft carbs is a changeable sleeve in front of the butterfly ,(on a Weber 45mm dcoe out of the box comes with 36mm chokes you can go to 40mm ,I have some 32mm for a 45mm) It increases velocity or air speed , allowing basically more friction on transfer ports for bottom end or wide range throttle response , these are really big so a bigger hole usually means a lot of top end we will see before we give up ,they may change for a different track type on a racecar ! , went home and found another Devello manifold with some bar linkage , see the different shape of runners compared to a common Cannon , more like a Nissan comp race manifolds ,have a welded D port Cannon here can post also ! will post oics later today , got head on last night .Here is a rim on rear , fits great with 215 on a 8" 100_2597.jpg100_2595.jpg]100_2598.jpg

• Like 1

Back to shop 1972 Datsun 521 truck hood ,was bent from a hood open incident with PO. I wanted to save it was worse than looks in oics and being broke must fix ! Straighten top and reinforce hood hinge area , Grind edge welds , had some front edge damage also ,make supports come back to sheet meatal , then glue later .100_2675.jpg100_2676.jpg100_2669.jpg100_2670.jpg]100_2671.jpg100_2672.jpg100_2674.jpg]100_2689.jpg100_2690.jpg100_2686.jpg]100_2688.jpg

• Like 2

Trunk lock and doork locks and most of chrome inside trunk ,it's like car was never put together after paint ,door panels sat with stuff on them maybe two useable ,and the smell of rodents ,will wear a resperator when vacuuming ,had menengitus once , don't want that shit again ! a cust brought it to me ,so I adopted it to another !

I would leave bumpers with new end caps cause it's a 1975 , just repaint them ! and odd tailights .