JCCS,registration opens tomorrow.

It is not lnly 620 trucks. Datsuns 610 , B210, 710 and others get ignored all the time.

Judges have no clue about what they got at this show. I think the intention is good (about this show which is nice ) but the organizers have no clue about kudging and categories.

Each brand has to have its own models categories. Best of each model present ( ie for Datsuns 520, 521, 620, 710, 510, 610, b210 etc )

When there are modified and stock examples on any model, there has to be best moded and best stock vehicle.

Following and always within a particular brand you can have best Datsun "truck"(moded and stock Where all winners of each model compete for best Datsun "truck"...1200, 520, 521, 620.) . Best modified non truck, ( ie, winners of the different categories compete for best sports Datsun in show 510, 610, Z etc) and the like so each brand (Toyota, Mazda, Datsun etc) has. its best cars in each category to then compete in best truck in show, best sports car in show, and so forth in both stock and moded variants.

Criteria should be craftmanship and quality work for moded vehicles, and compliance with stock production specs in stock divisions.

Most information is known in advance by organizers, knowing how many cars of each brand will show. The trophies need not be expensive , it is symbolic in nature. I do not think cost of trphies is the reason. It is lack of planning and organizing the categories to have.

If there is one and only one Datsun F-10 for exapmple, there needs to be a Datsun F-10 category and there will be obviously a winner as well as best in show Datsun F-10. What apparently happens is that instead of motivating and embracing newcomers and non common modelsand types, this show seems to ignore those cars. The simplicity of selecting winners for awards pits some of the more numerous models and types against others (ie 521 and 620 guys) because that lack. of model type demarcation creates competition where it should not be.

I'd rather think ot is bad planning and organization in regard to awards than it being a matter of trophies itselves being too expensive.

That goes against the show and the grassroots of this japanese classic car philosophy (lack planning on vehicle categories) because it is evident many feel discouraged. The more prizes awarded (best stock 520, best moded 520...best overall Datsun truck moded, best overall Datsun truck stock etc) the more motivation and appreciation wich translated to more classic japanese cars rescued from becoming a a tuna can in the short future.

That would also give this show the class it deserves. Without such structured award plan this show although nice, does not rise to the occassion.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not lnly 620 trucks. datsuns 610 and 710 get ignored all the time.

Judges have no clue about what they got at this show. I think the intention is good (about this show which is nice ) but the organizers have no clue about kudging and categories.

Each brand has to have its own models categories. Best of each model present ( ie 520, 521, 620, 710, 510, 610, b210 )

When there are modified and stock examples on any model, there has to be best moded and best stock vehicle.

Following and always within a particular brand you can have best Datsun "truck"(moded and stock Where all winners of each model compete for best Datsun "truck"...1200, 520, 521, 620.) . Best modified non truck, ( ie, winners of the different categories compete for best sports Datsun in show 510, 610, Z etc) and the like so each brand has. its best cars in each category to then compete in best truck in show, best sports car in show, and so forth in both stock and moded variants.

Criteria should be craftmanship and quality work for moded vehicles, and compliance with stock production specs in stock divisions.

most information is known in advance by organizers, knowing how many cars of each brand will show. The trophies not not be expensive , it is symbolic in nature. I do not think cost of trphies is the reason. It is lack of planning and organizing the categories to have.

That goes against the show and the grassroots of this japanese classic car philosophy (lack planning on vehicle categories) because it is evident many feel discouraged. The more prizes awarded (best stock 520, best moded 520...best overall Datsun truck moded, best overall Datsun truck stock etc) the more motivation and appreciation wich translated to more classic japanese cars rescued from becoming a a tuna can in the short future.

That would also give this show the class it deserves. Without such structured award plan this show although nice, does not rise to the occassion.

Thanks,thats what i just said.

• Like 1

http://JCCSA presents JCCS Awards as recognition of achievement. Show is to experience the culture of meeting owners with thier cars, and not as a form of competition.

RIght from there website,so if your going next year like i will i will again not expect to win,just go to hang out with some god friends eat on the Queer Mary[hey] and buy Motul oil for cheap and get my new T-shirt and sticker for 45.00.haha

http://JCCSA presents JCCS Awards as recognition of achievement. Show is to experience the culture of meeting owners with thier cars, and not as a form of competition.

RIght from there website,so if your going next year like i will i will again not expect to win,just go to hang out with some god friends eat on the Queer Mary[hey] and buy Motul oil for cheap and get my new T-shirt and sticker for 45.00.haha

Thats not bad considering $15 to park plus $10 to get in (another $10 for wifey) and thats already $35 spent!  Plus there was this hassle for anyone bringing in a "professional" camera which meant a DSLR or anything with a detachable lens.  Security were tripping hard on this at the gate but I heard after like 10:00 they left the gate area so a few of my friends got their hand stamped and went back to the parking lot to retrieve their cameras.  The guys at the Mazda trailer were bummed because they could not fire up their 787 racer.  The dude said they were too strict here and to come to 7stock!!!  LOL!  All in all it is always a fun show and I actually thought it was a bit smaller this year even with the new honda category (blah)....still lots of open grass space.

Trust me, i heard alot of people bitching about judging...was even told by a few people the judging staff is a bit biased.  Hell never even saw the judges walk by our cars, and dave was hanging around his car all day almost and never saw the judges. 

Well, I will side with Bentaxlebob, but only partially.

For the past three years, there have been consistently more than just a couple of 610s and 710s to show up to JCCS. Yet, we are lumped into "Datsun 70s Other" - no separate category for us . A couple of Toyota Coronas show up and a whole Toyota Corona category is opened to them. Conspiracy? I do not know.

Here is how to break up the category of "Datsun 70s Other" into either of two (what I would consider 'correct', versions):

1) IF a Datsun is a "Datsun 70s Other" AND was originally manufactured with an A-Series motor, you are considered a '70s Datsun Subcompact'. Let the little Datsuns be judged independently of the larger Datsuns. IF a Datsun is a "Datsun 70s Other" AND was originally manufactured with an L-Series motor, you are considered '70s Datsun Compact'. There, the line in the sand is drawn.

OR 2) If a Datsun is a "Datsun 70s Other" and you are stock, you get a 'Datsun 70s Other - Stock' or if your car is modified from its stock form, then you are considered 'Datsun 70s Other - Modified'.

This year's judging was...well...I don't know what to say. But, when past winners are wondering how cars that were ready for business were getting no recognition and how cars that were obviously not ready are getting awards, there is a serious problem. 

Well to me, one of the 4 stock 510's there should of taken something, keeping a car stock, or restoring stock, is just as hard as modding, daves 510 was just beautiful as well, to me when only modified wins, kind of kills it to me. I dont care to win, my car has enough wins, but a few deserved to win something that didnt.  Still congrats to the winners, and it was awsome to meet people, i just dont know if ill be coming down again, i had fun, and i learned something that did make me very happy to find otu from art...not my car but a guy named art LOL

Thats not bad considering $15 to park plus $10 to get in (another $10 for wifey) and thats already $35 spent!  Plus there was this hassle for anyone bringing in a "professional" camera which meant a DSLR or anything with a detachable lens.  Security were tripping hard on this at the gate but I heard after like 10:00 they left the gate area so a few of my friends got their hand stamped and went back to the parking lot to retrieve their cameras.  The guys at the Mazda trailer were bummed because they could not fire up their 787 racer.  The dude said they were too strict here and to come to 7stock!!!  LOL!  All in all it is always a fun show and I actually thought it was a bit smaller this year even with the new honda category (blah)....still lots of open grass space.

And 45.00 your wife rides in with you and no charge for her.

Lets face it these judges are how ever there judging these cars i dont know myself,but lets face it some of these cars are just pure shit just like my red truck as far as i'm concerned,its clean with some subtle touches thats all,there i said it,you come to have a good time and check out the cars the people and make new friends,like i posted before from there website ITS NOT A COMPETION.You want to compete then spend some money on a bad ass paint job cherry ass interior and motor setup stock to modified what ever makes your heart content and trailer your ass down to a good guys show and really compete or you know what better yet head to Pebble beach.

photo3_zps63637027.jpg

This gentlemen by the name of John took first place,he will be the first to admit his truck is not perfect but this truck had the most love out of all the trucks there put together.I bet know one noticed all the knobs on the dash that he made himself or the shift knob or the rubber boot that i know we all would love for him to make for the steering shaft going to the fender well and the trucks paint is 18 years old. If i brought my green truck with all the things i am doing to it and not even done yet i am not going to get mad that i did not make first NO.Just have fun and to John congratulations on first place you deserved it.

And please i like all you guys,and it was good seeing you guys again along with Joe from Valero.

The truth is there is no love at these events for trucks,there i said again.

I totally agree with this red truck being one of the best..(oh and we, my son Ray, and I did indeed notice the knobs and the

gearshift knob)...wondered wy the green 520 sitting next to yu  wasnt given some love...Didnt he get second place last year.....Ray(Mr Big)..

sorry I didnt get to talk with yu more yesterday.....thanks for understanding my "rant" and where I was coming from........

• Like 1

I totally agree with this red truck being one of the best..(oh and we, my son Ray, and I did indeed notice the knobs and the

gearshift knob)...wondered wy the green 520 sitting next to yu  wasnt given some love...Didnt he get second place last year.....Ray(Mr Big)..

sorry I didnt get to talk with yu more yesterday.....thanks for understanding my "rant" and where I was coming from........

I love you old timer and yes the right hand drive 520 took first place last year,i took second and that UTE on ebay for sale right now took third.The green one is really clean to but you got to admit it was nice for some fresh truck to win to like John's 520.

I agree this is not competition.

In my view the issue is recognition, appreciation.

By having a category for all and each model within ever brand we are not only stoppping arguments between different models but giving recognition and appreciation to effort and devotion.

Most if not all who go to this show want appreciation. You drive your car into that lot to get others to see your car and to appreciate the year model and the effort and care you provided.

It is not competition at all. If it were not for appreciation then why else would people wake up early, wash their cars, invest some money and all for?

Car owners want to feel included into this family of Japanese Classic Cars, not excluded nor ignored upon.

By not organizing and appreciating each and every model present, fodder for resentment is created.

By creating categories that include different models within we are pitting one model against another, a situation that should never arise. By not creating categories for less common cars we are ignoring and dismissing those equally deserving models.

There is no excuse to such negligence. The organizers know weeks in advance how many models of which brands will be present. They have the time to prepare and learn the facts about each of those models present. They have the time to create a category order brand by brand. It is not rocket science.

I have taken my dog to several dog shows. There is appreciation and recognition for each and every breed present. If you have the one and only Anatolian Shepherd Dog, you would never be sent nto an "other dogs" category. Your breed is mentioned, explained about and presented to all, even if there is only one example of the breed.

In every award ceremony like Grammys , Oscars (movies) and in every sport event ( and plenty other kinds of events like books, clothing etc) each and every category is given a place of relevance.

The way JCCS handles brands and models is deficient and inappropriate. Undeserving of a car show that pretends and purpotes to become the best Japanese Classic gathering in the west coast or within the nation.

The difference is your so called dog show is a investment,and dont bullshit me on this,you show,you place and guess what every one wants your doggy sperm or you have litters and sell your dogs for profit and yea yea to cover costs,then you mention the Oscars give me a break,dude read there website they tell you point blank if you dont like dont come,it is as simple as that,im not defending them at all just stating the facts,people are starting to sound like the married couple that buys a house just outside from a oil refinery and now there complaning about the noise traffic the smells.Next time dont buy next to the refinery that was there first.I hope this all makes sense.I can go on all day about this but i wont ive posted to much about his already.

I will be there next year with my other truck with tons of money being poured in it,but hey if i dont win i dont win,its all about the good times.

Who knows what they are looking for ( The Judges) All I know is I won 1st place 510. WTF!!!!! was that. There is no way my wagon was the best 510 at the show. Like I said I'm not stupid. I know better. Yeah my wagon is well known, But it's not the nice. But I'm not going to give the award back thats for sure.

I don't think JCCS staff is trying to ignore any one type of car. I think it's the lesser known brands are just that, lesser known.

If you build a car and take it to any show and think your going to win something. Your going to have your heart broken. Just build the car and enjoy it.

Your vision of what is cool may not be for everyone.

All you guys with the trucks that are bitching. Sell the truck and build something cool.!!!! :fu:     J/K

• Like 1

Who knows what they are looking for ( The Judges) All I know is I won 1st place 510. WTF!!!!! was that. There is no way my wagon was the best 510 at the show. Like I said I'm not stupid. I know better. Yeah my wagon is well known, But it's not the nice. But I'm not going to give the award back thats for sure.

I don't think JCCS staff is trying to ignore any one type of car. I think it's the lesser known brands are just that, lesser known.

If you build a car and take it to any show and think your going to win something. Your going to have your heart broken. Just build the car and enjoy it.

Your vision of what is cool may not be for everyone.

All you guys with the trucks that are bitching. Sell the truck and build something cool.!!!! :fu:     J/K

well said John.....Actually I was really not bitching...just voicing an opinon..

you know how us old folks like to mspout off...anyway, really glad to see

the "flyer" gettin some love....oh and by the way...Bite Me!!!   jk

Sorry I didn't get to see you and Ray. I had to bail early. And you know I was just givin ya shit.. Ya old fart.

The difference is your so called dog show is a investment,and dont bullshit me on this,you show,you place and guess what every one wants your doggy sperm or you have litters and sell your dogs for profit and yea yea to cover costs,then you mention the Oscars give me a break,dude read there website they tell you point blank if you dont like dont come,it is as simple as that,im not defending them at all just stating the facts,people are starting to sound like the married couple that buys a house just outside from a oil refinery and now there complaning about the noise traffic the smells.Next time dont buy next to the refinery that was there first.I hope this all makes sense.I can go on all day about this but i wont ive posted to much about his already.

I will be there next year with my other truck with tons of money being poured in it,but hey if i dont win i dont win,its all about the good times.

You are a moron. The hell with you. I am coming with my opinion about an issue and all you can do is come in like tough guy and start insulting me. Grow up dude. Learn about management. I am here trying to improve a system for you and the rest of us and all you can do is turn around and bite.

Good for you. Perhaps that is the problem at these events. People like you