Seats

cgovia

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kinda seats are a good fit for my goon staock seats have no cushion any more :eek:

If the upholstery is in otherwise good condition, any upholstery supply house can sell you bulk foam in extra firm black [as in motorcycle] or more normal tan firm consistency. Cut the hog rings and carefully peel back the covers. Cut the new foam a little oversize to the originals with a serrated knife [electric carving knife is perfect, just don't tell the roast beef], back up with some burlap, yours is likely as ratty as mine was, and stretch and re-hog ring the existing covers to the wire frames.

Im running mystery buckets in my 72 wagon. Mystery cause they were free & the PO did'nt know what they came out of. As indy510 did i just bent the front tabs straight & the holes lined up perfect. Just had to drill the mount side to 1/2 inch for the new bolts...

5-13seatsinps.jpg

5-13seatbolts.jpg

I vaccumed my carpet before i took that pic :lol:

Im running mystery buckets in my 72 wagon. Mystery cause they were free & the PO did'nt know what they came out of. As indy510 did i just bent the front tabs straight & the holes lined up perfect. Just had to drill the mount side to 1/2 inch for the new bolts...

5-13seatsinps.jpg

5-13seatbolts.jpg

I vaccumed my carpet before i took that pic :lol:

Nice. No bugs under your seats ;)

anyone else running some diffrent seats requiring little modification?

I've got some diffrent seats in my wagon and they sit waaaay too low. I was going to just put some stock seats back in but if I can find some decent seats i'll toss them in but they need to be very little modification. :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have some bucket seats in my dime... got them at kragen/.. problem is they are really big.. i like a dumb ass made them fit.... meaning i completely took of the brackets where the original seats go.. and have my seats direectly on floor... there comfortable but feel weird being low..how can i make some brackets?

i have kreagan seats to but i have the exact opisite issue they sit high

heres a pic

interior1.jpg

exact same seats.. but how did u mount them on the original rails?? the height on my seats now are ok.. but they are directly on the floor... :blink:

anyone else running some diffrent seats requiring little modification?

I've got some diffrent seats in my wagon and they sit waaaay too low. I was going to just put some stock seats back in but if I can find some decent seats i'll toss them in but they need to be very little modification. :

I just scored a set of Infiniti G20i seats. Black leather, 5 way adjustable, ahhhhh:D

I don't care what it takes to get them to work in my sedan. They'll be in my car if it kills me! I will post pics AFTER I get her back from body and paint work (grumbles.....)

• 2 weeks later...