NL Tail Lights

Headhunter2099

I am currently looking into having some taillights made. I am curious how many would be interested in getting a set. I dont know how much they are as of yet, but the more that need or want them the cheaper the part is going to be... Or so I am told lol. 

I am also looking into getting some 64 pie shaped front turn signal lenses made in clear plastic.  Depending on the cost after the initial order I may look into making them in different colors.

This is just a feeler I havent gotten a quote yet, but should have one tomorrow or the next day.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the NL320 taillight lenses?

I would like a set of decent clear rear NL320 lenses, that would interest me.

I am sure there are front pie shaped front lenses out there, I just have not seen any on ebay lately, and I didn't see any on ebay Australia either.

Do you know someone that does injection molds?

I talked to company down here in San Diego and they are going to look at the pics I sent and see if they can make them reasonable. They do a form of vacuum casting. If they can do it, the initial run would be the expensive one I'm sure. I'm going to post what I find out. They sounded like they specialize in weird stuff. We shall see.

Headhunter: 

Maybe six months ago I e-mailed Greg Clauss directly and said I had heard he was out of the lens making business but asked nicely whether he had a pair of the clear pie-shaped 1964 front ones in inventory or left over that he would sell me.  He got back to me within a week and said he did still have some and sold me a pair, I believe for $60.  I don't know if I got the last set or if he has more, but that would be the easiest/cheapest way to try first if you only need a pair for your truck before you go to the trouble of getting quotes to have another vendor do front ones. 

Ok, the company I looked at said they couldn't do it for less than $450 a pair for the rears and $250 a pair for fronts..... I am not giving up, I will find some way to get some. Even if I have to make them myself!! 

I have started asking around for the front lenses, I have sent 2 inquiries this evening, both would be for new NOS parts, I have no idea if either have any at all, and it may take time for them both to get back to me.

I do believe that if one waits long enough, another set will so up on Ebay, likely they will be a clear set, clauss is the only one I recall selling amber lenses.

If it is not a running, driving NL320, you have time to wait, as that above is a very expensive way to go, there was also I guy in Australia that was going to have rear NL320 taillight and 1964 320 front pie shaped lenses made, but I have not heard from him in a while, not sure what's going on there at the moment, but the prices he was talking about were reasonable.

Be patient. 

Then I would wait till another set shows up on ebay, that is where I bought mine.

You could also message some of the guys selling lenses on ebay, and ask if they have any available, I cannot recall who I bought mine from anymore, but they are out there.

I just looked on ebay and ebay Australia, neither had any 64 front lenses ATM.

I honestly don't want amber, I like clear.

taillights?.............. some ebay vendor is making them on Ebay/cr.list. they are in northern cali. sacramento i think. it has been a while since they had made some that i saw on ebay or cr.list but they were doing clears next based on the popularity. but that was the last i had heard from them. i know i have the email contact somewhere. i will look into it.... tail lights were not that expensive. especially cheaper than $450. thats way too much even for rare hard to find stuff in my opinion. i think i saw them last for $200-240.

there is also a member working on nl320 tail light bezels but dont quite know if that is a go or a no. Aaron Iha fabrication said that, as a blind quote without seeing the tail light bezels in person, is $1000.... he would hammer them out of steel but he also said that he has contacts for CAD billet if it works out. i just dont have $$$$ to toy with the idea yet. he is in southern calif.

i was fortunate to get three clear tail lights from the vendor i first spoke about. theyre a little yellow because they were first run but theyre definitely clear. i may end up selling them to finance my parts for my truck but thats a bridge i will travel another day.

let me find my contact... lets see if we can get some taillights back out on the market. :thumbup: