oh boy what fun

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no need for rebuild.. i believe the car had under 200k on it Origional miles like 170 something.. the most maybe is a afm but i doubt it.. the ecu was replaced already too (but with a used one) like i said car ran an drove but had some idling issues, which after the engine was pulled he found a couple of vacume hoses smashed and kinked an disconnected.. like someone changed the clutch or something but lifted the engine to doit then sat it down on the vacume lines (or something im not the one who took the engine out) but i did see it drive 2 days before it was pulled.. burn out an everything

so we got the new tranny in today, this time its the correct one (borg warner t5 FOR THIS CAR!!) went pretty smooth for the most part.. usual hang ups (exhaust) i just have to tighten the bolts that connect the drive shaft to the rear end put some red line MTL gear oil in an oh ya i still need to replace the clutch slave cylinder and then thats done.. im scared of the next project, replacing the intake/exhaust manifold gasket and injector rings

ok so got the redline mtl in the tranny, got the bolts that hold the drive line to the rear end tight, brand new slave cylinder bled an everything... only problem we're having is the wires commin from the tranny arent like the ones that were on the other tranny so im not sure where to plug them in.. kinda hopin bleach knows what i should do?? also theres a wire commin out the back of the oil pan thats not plugged in, also hoping bleach knows.. and lastly the cars kinda stumbling an doesnt want to rev up or nothin.. idles fine but it really really doesnt want to do anything when u push the gas except stumble.. it did NOT do this before the tranny swap, it was actually running really nice.. kinda hoping someone may know why?? we didnt disconnect anything under the hood except the battery and starter.. theres a couple wires on the passenger side below and by the battery tray that i have no idea where they go.. one set has 4 wires commin out with little round plugins.. the other set one goes to the starter (the flat one) an theres like 3-4 more i think a black one (which might goto that wire commin from the back of the oil pan??) and then a couple greenish blue ones that i think maybe goto the tranny but im not sure... i can take some pics when anthony finds his cam. other then that the tranny is in an it feels great, cant wait to drive it.. but first gotta solve the stumble problem

So you swapped in another T5 and the wires don't match? That's weird.

I changed the wire ends when I put the T5 in. Those two wires are just to turn the backup lights on. I had to put an extention in there to reach the turbo tranny.

Wire out back of oil pan is for the factory oil temp gauge. That car has stock NA gauges in the middle of the dash. (nice big voltmeter) no oil temp gauge.

Check the plug for the AFM and the head temp sensor. The head temp sensor is on the bottom of the head accross from the battery. Maybe those will fix your rev problem.

A few loose wires shouldn't be a problem. They probably go to the cruise control system that did not work and I removed entirely when I did the engine swap. The CC unit was right by the battery.

got the car runnin a little better.. there has to be a problem somewhere.. the vac is at 20 on the boost gauge at idle an its like 15 vac at 25mph steady.. and when i get on the gas it goes to like 5 vac an at 4k rpms it stumbles an stutters.. MR. Nismopu came over today an had a look at it too an we're just kinda stumped.. so going to replace the gaskets an some hoses ect. an see if we cant solve this problem, on another note we got the head lights workin.. but no blinkers.. we think its the flasher.. as for the windows we're clueless..

so heres some pics

the new wheels

Picture159.jpg

me backin out

Picture161.jpg

more backin out

Picture162.jpg

hey look its mr. kyles car

Picture163.jpg

there i go

Picture164.jpg

so the blinkers mysteriously started workin.. i changed the switch on the colum yesterday and it didnt seem to really help, then this morning anthony comes in an said they work... so i go out there an sure as shit they fucking work... same with the head lights they both work now too, i swear to god this car slowly but surely fixes its self over time, just little things tho but ya... so hopefully by tomorrow the windows will roll down! hehe

got the body kit on today, aint she pretty!

Picture004.jpg

we put the license plate up front to avoid tickets :(

Picture002.jpg

theres anthony with his car

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

look what anthony found under the seat! the origional shift knob!

Picture.jpg

i havent put the mustang shifter stuff on yet, my main concern was jus gettin the shit together lol