how to: improve ratsun for your self.

RedBanner

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and Banner is not coming back. So dont worry one way or another about that.

If he doesn't come back when his time is up that is on him. If he comes back with the same attitude, then that is on him as well.

Same goes for anyone else.

We are not all seeing. We get reports of shit and have to do something about it. 

If we are in the wrong, we don't mean to be. It's not like we aren't members here as well as being mods. You guys think we are above you...I don't, fuck the only reason we do this is to try to help out. 

Jrock, you are in my opinion, one of the great members here as you hang out, help people and don't seem to take it so personal when shit gets haywire. Sorry if the hammer has come down on the wrong side from time to time. I know I plan to work on the warning thing more. 

• Like 1

If he doesn't come back when his time is up that is on him. If he comes back with the same attitude, then that is on him as well.

Same goes for anyone else.

We are not all seeing. We get reports of shit and have to do something about it. 

If we are in the wrong, we don't mean to be. It's not like we aren't members here as well as being mods. You guys think we are above you...I don't, fuck the only reason we do this is to try to help out. 

Jrock, you are in my opinion, one of the great members here as you hang out, help people and don't seem to take it so personal when shit gets haywire. Sorry if the hammer has come down on the wrong side from time to time. I know I plan to work on the warning thing more. 

yo dog my point was not to exonerate me just point out that i think there stuff that slips through the cracks..... i think u ..steve are exemplified in your responses and the way u handle yourself as a mod ...i appreciate your straight shootermess. and the  way u really try to explain your point when asked... i know u cant do it all and again i wasn't attempting to make my self look better or feel better cause i know ,  first hand ,  if im getttng banned i prolly pushed the envelope ... and there's a good reason i got banned ... i know i can act haywire ... i recognize that and am trying to midify my behavior to make everyone's ratsun experience better.... i love this place and only want whats best for ratsun.... i need to do a better job .,.... i can say that and hope to be a better contributor...

So how long tell you flex your mod muscles Red eye and start banning people in this thread like you did in the free banner poll, for speaking there mind..... just cause your tired of them not agreeing with you

• Like 2

while I may not agree with the whole leave the thread open thing, i'll give credit where its due...he did post the warning first.  if people decided to ignore the warning, that's on them, not him.  unless he banned someone before his warning, it wasn't for speaking their mind, it was for pushing the issue past where it needed to be and when warned to leave the thread alone, continuing. if people were banned strictly for speaking their mind, both you and I woulda been gone a bit ago(me well before you).  point of the matter is, the issue has been pushed to the breaking point, it started with people speaking their mind, but ended with people speaking to see what kind of rise they could get out of each other. redeye has made it clear that he's done hearing about the issue, and i'm betting the others are either right there with him, or right behind him.  there is no more "speaking your mind" on it, unless you have a new angle to bring to it, for the last 2 days or so hasn't been the case. It needs to stop. all that its doing at this point is more harm, there is absolutely 0 good coming from it anymore.

You guys think we are above you...I don't,

I do, for 3 reasons. 1. if someones being a douche, I cant tell them to knock it off or take a vacation and then enforce it when they continue, you can. I have to report it, or pm a mod, you don't have to do either. 2. as mike said, some decisions are made behind closed doors.  from what I understand, you as a mod are in on those discussions and decisions (if i'm wrong about this, as its the only one i'm not 100% sure on, please correct me on it) and 3. if a member (i.e. myself, ratwagon, loatsu, jrock) flames a newbie, they'll think we personally are dicks. and on the flip side, if we help a newbie, they'll see us personally as helpful.  if yourself, mike, or skib flamed a newbie, they'll think the forum is full of dicks. and on the flip side if you help a newbie, they'll think the forum is full of helpful people.  that's why I stayed here, I lurked for about 6 months before joining, and watched you, mike, and skib all be very helpful to newbies and seniors alike, and not be dicks to them.  I saw a few members that were being dicks, but I figured every group has its bad apples.  the way the mods act reflect on the community as a whole, whereas the way members of the community act only reflects on themselves(unless of course, the entire community acts that way, or a vast majority does).  its like a business, my company hires clean cut, professional looking people to do sales and customer service, giving the customer a sense that the organization is professional, well run, and nicely mannered.  they don't see the production floor that's got a few multi-felons, guys with more inked skin than ink free skin, or my foot long frohawk.  they don't hear us belting out the "fuck you" in cee lo greens song by the same name, watch us throw shit when we get pissed, or watch us run people over when they get in our way.  we are not the face of the company, we get away with a lot more than those that are the face of the company.  members are not the face of ratsun, we tend to get away with a lot more than the mods that are.  not saying its a fair thing, but it is the truth.

• Like 1

while I may not agree with the whole leave the thread open thing, i'll give credit where its due...he did post the warning first.  if people decided to ignore the warning, that's on them, not him.  unless he banned someone before his warning, it wasn't for speaking their mind, it was for pushing the issue past where it needed to be and when warned to leave the thread alone, continuing. if people were banned strictly for speaking their mind, both you and I woulda been gone a bit ago(me well before you).  point of the matter is, the issue has been pushed to the breaking point, it started with people speaking their mind, but ended with people speaking to see what kind of rise they could get out of each other. redeye has made it clear that he's done hearing about the issue, and i'm betting the others are either right there with him, or right behind him.  there is no more "speaking your mind" on it, unless you have a new angle to bring to it, for the last 2 days or so hasn't been the case. It needs to stop. all that its doing at this point is more harm, there is absolutely 0 good coming from it anymore.

I understand that point of view.... but he stated that the next person to post is banned.... not the next person to post nothing new is banned..... don't see why he just didn't lock it down.... instead of leaving it open if that's all he wanted to do

I understand that point of view.... but he stated that the next person to post is banned.... not the next person to post nothing new is banned..... don't see why he just didn't lock it down.... instead of leaving it open if that's all he wanted to do

I had to go back and read what all this is about since I left that thread... It doesnt matter that he didnt lock; he still warned them. He gave them the option to keep pushing it or go away. They chose to continue so he followed through. Its their own fault. 

I agree with the not locking grease. the only thing I can think of as to why it was done the way it was, was because that was the only way to prove he was done with dealing with it.  if the thread had just been locked, a new one would have been up in less than an hour, on the same exact topic.  the only other way he could have done that is to state that the next person starting a thread on the same subject was getting banned, but I think that leaves things way to open, and also leaves the possibility of people that just see the thread is locked so start a new one without reading it. the way it was done made it so that you had a very easy opportunity to read the warning before deciding if you wanted to push your luck or not. while it may not have looked like the best way, I think it was the only way he could have made his point without making it much worse.

• Like 1

I hope Redeye comes in here and says the same thing... theres no reason to have this thread open anymore. The only real "information" is in the first two posts. Then its a bunch of whining, then some shit about chickens, and now us just continuing the same yammering about the other threads that have already closed. This whole topic needs to be put to rest. Im sorry to see the guys get banned and hopefully by the time the get back Ratsun will be to business as usual. 

I hope Redeye comes in here and says the same thing... theres no reason to have this thread open anymore. The only real "information" is in the first two posts. Then its a bunch of whining, then some shit about chickens, and now us just continuing the same yammering about the other threads that have already closed. This whole topic needs to be put to rest. Im sorry to see the guys get banned and hopefully by the time the get back Ratsun will be to business as usual.

Hope your right Tristan.... and no permanent damage has been done....

Either way I give up... I'm going back to just keeping my mouth shut...

• Like 1
Guest roseyroseyrose

my rules for how to improve ratsun for myself? (and others, too)

1 ignore all drama, posturing and pissing contests

2 post hawt pics in sexy and titillating threads

3 cruise build threads and maintain build threads (woops, im guilty of not keeping up with that second suggestion)

4 request pics of all sorts

5 make funny comments as much as possible

6 there is no rule 6

7 post more hawt pics

8 friend lotsa other datsun lovers

9 use knowledge gained here to fix truk

10 thank people who help me fix truk

11 post even more hawt pics

• Like 2

So how long tell you flex your mod muscles Red eye and start banning people in this thread like you did in the free banner poll, for speaking there mind..... just cause your tired of them not agreeing with you

You know, I gave myself a 24hr ban for posting after said post in that thread as well. 

Considering your history here, your opinion is about zero in my book. Not even sure why your here now other than to talk shit....so see ya.

• Like 2

Excellent rules Rose

If I might add one more and it is meant in the spirit of what I thought ratsun was all about before this...and hope it can continue to be after.

12. Consider that you a guest here and that this forum is a place for friends to gather and exchange stories and information. 

Thanks to all you that support the forum and the mods, I have gotten a lot of thanks from a few of these last couple of days. 

• Like 2
Guest roseyroseyrose

Excellent rules Rose

If I might add one more and it is meant in the spirit of what I thought ratsun was all about before this...and hope it can continue to be after.

12. Consider that you a guest here and that this forum is a place for friends to gather and exchange stories and information. 

Thanks to all you that support the forum and the mods, I have gotten a lot of thanks from a few of these last couple of days. 

ill add just one more, and this one covers fucking everything, everyone, everywhere.......

13 metta bhavana aka lovingkindness:

An outline of the Metta Bhavana

metta03.jpgIn the Metta Bhavana practice we’re cultivating love, or friendliness, or lovingkindness.

Eventually we want to become like an emotional bonfire: a steady blaze of emotional warmth that will embrace any sentient being that we become aware of. This is an attainable goal for every human being. All it takes is time and some persistent effort.

The practice is in five stages. We cultivate Metta for:

• Ourselves
  • A good friend
  • A “neutral” person — someone we don’t have any strong feelings for
  • A “difficult” person — someone we have conflicts with or feelings of ill will towards
  • All sentient beings (ambitious, huh!)

You may notice that there’s a progression in the stages. It’s easiest for us to cultivate lovingkindness for ourselves and for our friends. It’s a bit more difficult to do this for people we don’t know well. And it really goes against the grain to cultivate lovingkindness for someone we’re in conflict with. Lastly, we cultivate lovingkindness for everyone in the world: i.e. all friends, people we don’t know, and people we’re in conflict with — plus ourselves of course. Best to learn these stages one at a time; practice one stage for a while before moving on to the others.

• Like 1

I certainly believe you must love yourself first. Without that as a template how can you love outside yourself?

well i guess we know why i keep doing it wrong now........like i said previously no one will ever hate me more then i hate myself.....

redeye ....i'm mad at u ...i wanted to post in the thread and get banned too ...i wasnt fast enough... :crying: :rofl: