how to: improve ratsun for your self.

RedBanner

I still think we should have a vote on the "new" classifieds.

I choose not to use them(other than to back door with banner tonight)

And I think Banner should be allowed to voice his opinion, non censorship here right?

Personally, I don't believe that a vote would change anything, I checked the first thread by basically breaking it down to 3 columns(there were only 445 posts at that time), 

we like the new classifieds(103), 

we don't like the new classifieds(62), 

and the 3rd column was just members asking questions about the new classifieds and getting/not getting answers, or talking about stuff not having anything to do with the new classifieds(280), I did this little survey before most the name calling started BTW.

The longer this goes on, meaning locking threads and handing out vacations(not sure if any have actually been handed out), the more unhappy members there are going to be, if members had just kept their mouths shut, instead of reacting to the unhappy members that didn't like the new classifieds(which includes me), it likely would have died out on the first thread, I actually am not sure that this is fixable anymore, there has already been an impact, have any of you watched the member/non-member online numbers on the home page, this is the type of thing I watch all the time, and I have since becoming a member, I am sure the Jeff has been watching them, what do the rest of you think is happening, is it going up, staying the same, or going down?

All I see anymore is unhappy members getting called names, you have to have guts, and a thick skin to voice your undesired opinion on here anymore, personally I cannot say much about the new classifieds themselves, as I have not been there since the second day, I have no desire to go there, and anyone that calls me a name of any sort for going down my personal road, I feel very sorry for you, one learns a lot about people on a thread like this.

It's all about damage control now, how can an undesired element be squashed without creating more unhappy members, not sure what to tell you Jeff, but I suspect that continually locking threads and banning members is not likely going to do the job, but I would suggest that the ones that are happy with Ratsun not read this thread, or reply to it, do as I do, don't go to something you don't like, I don't like the new classifieds, I don't go there, if you don't like this thread, don't read it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then maybe you should comment more often.

As many have answered before me, I don't comment because I am not sure what's gonna happen, and now I'm being labeled banners brother, which is a label that I don't mind having, but as many others have stated I'm not the only one that sees where his frustration has came from.... there was no need to say anything about me and him being brothers. Its almost like I'm single out cause I am his brother

.and there is no reason a discussion about a classified ad can't happen as redbanners "knew classifieds" thread blatantly pointed out.

Some of you act as though the world has ended when all that has happened is a format change. I for one like that I can view Teds profile and see what he has for sale this week.

I agree about some members being more vocal..the fighting is lame.

Action has been taken in your behalf on more than one occasion.... thanks for the support.

Maybe other members should speak up more often.

Good post Wayno.

Not sure what the issue is/was with Banner, don't go to general discussion much. Honestly I haven't been here much lately. (not as much as in the past anyways) I'm not mad, just bored.

If the owner of this site shuts down the area's of interest, I wont come here. Why would I? 

It's his site, and he can do what he wants with it. Like when a restaurant changes their menu. If I don't like it, I go somewhere else.

No one owes me an explanation, nor do I need questions answered.

At the risk of kicking a very dead horse, IMO, shutting down the classifieds was a big mistake. I don't care for the replacement either, so I don't go there.

I still come here to check out all your projects, steal your ideas, and hopefully give you back a few. Take what I need and give back what I can, sort of thing. Hopefully that doesn't dry up too. 

• Like 3

-but I have seen senior members battling.

That is the part I don't like.

Are warnings being handed out? Banner's can't be the only vacation, is it?

I'll admit. I have been guilty of being a poor member in the past.

But what I have been seeing is beyond what I remember.

I think everyone needs to step back and think about why Jeff even started this place.

Stop shitting on a good thing.

Yes, people have been warned. Banner is the only one that earned an ignore from everyone, he did suggest it after all.

In general, people are warned for being jerks to people asking questions or just being jerks in general, ask Jrock he can tell you how it works. This is a large part of the reason for changing the classifeds, people ran amok in there belittling people for their asking price, condition of their items or whatever. It gets old.

Quite a few of you guys should get that because you reported the offending posts.

We should all be here to hang out, exchange tech and have a good time. It's really up to everyone here to treat everyone else here with respect.

The mods are here to keep the spam out and point people in the right direction, at least thats what I would like to be doing, not arguing about redbanners self-inflicted perceived persecution.

we wont know until we go on vacation. at least that's how it seems to work now.

You really didn't see that coming? It takes a lot of work to get banned from here.

I still think we should have a vote on the "new" classifieds.

I choose not to use them(other than to back door with banner tonight)

And I think Banner should be allowed to voice his opinion, non censorship here right?

I think everyone here knows Banners opinion.

wow mike... i cant believe you..

i cant believe the forum actually. upper managment has really gone down the shitter here recently.

i know the site is getting bigger, and with that come more work, but this is just stupid.

im gonna say i dont agree with tossin banner. guess that makes me one of the assholes too..

i see my stay on ratsun quickly coming to an end here soon..

• Like 1

Yes, people have been warned. Banner is the only one that earned an ignore from everyone, he did suggest it after all.

In general, people are warned for being jerks to people asking questions or just being jerks in general, ask Jrock he can tell you how it works. This is a large part of the reason for changing the classifeds, people ran amok in there belittling people for their asking price, condition of their items or whatever. It gets old.

Quite a few of you guys should get that because you reported the offending posts.

We should all be here to hang out, exchange tech and have a good time. It's really up to everyone here to treat everyone else here with respect.

The mods are here to keep the spam out and point people in the right direction, at least thats what I would like to be doing, not arguing about redbanners self-inflicted perceived persecution.

You really didn't see that coming? It takes a lot of work to get banned from here.

I think everyone here knows Banners opinion.

to be fair and honest in the times i have been sent on vacation ... i never was warned ......other than once( and i couldnt even see the warning till after i got back, i was warned and banned in the same ten minutes..)  ...the other times i think it was a little passive aggressive in how i was treated .....i was physically being threatened to a fight and or worse and i was the one sent packing and the other person who was physically threatening me was allowed to continue to post and be a active member(yet its preached for epople to have a thicker skin and someone whining to the mods got me banned with little research on there part...) ... im not one to bitch about unfairness.... it just showed me how this forum works ...similar to every other one....mods do what ever they see fit....i coulda started a i was treated unfairly thread in the last ban i got when i was clearly no the aggressor....in most cases similar to the last one a mod tells the person getting there pantys in a bunch to get thicker skin or have back bone...yet in that instance i think i was just banned on hersay and very little to no investigation into the true story by the mods.....i  mean the bylaws clearly say that there can be no threats of physicality on ratsun and yet he continues on and i get banned.... yet again ...

is this still going on ... is this the beginning of the end of ratsun ... is ratsun the new my space...come on guys ... just cuz your mods doesnt mean  u cant get something wrong once in a while....at this point its time to find some mods that contribute regularly other then red eye....d mike posts are tech only and not as frequent ... skib not at all ...its seems we could be doing alot to improve ratsun other then alienating the members over the fear to  hurt your friends feelings b telling them there out of line....banner was banned for being negative....well shit half of ratsun belongs on a week vacation....and if u do speak your mind on valid concerns and u get banned ... well jesus its on ly a matter of time... yor setting a bad precedent more then teaching a lesson....for fucks sake we are supposed to come together ....not be driven apart....

nice post wayno ....i really enjoyed the facts...

and i was told classys were changed cuz of spam bots running rampid ...now the excuse is member abuse...???

so if we are asking questions ... why was i banned over saying hang a diaphram from your mirror yet sunlover continued on after his threats of physical violence....thats a direct and utterly distrubing violation of the code of conduct of ratsun....was i afraid no ... but u cant argue the facts... i make joke ...dude whigs teh fuck out ... and i get a week ....yet he continues to make threats after i am on vacation and use his status updates to contnue to go on and on about it .... and make more threats yet he contnues to post....with no punishment... go back and read it .. i never attacked or poked or made threats yet i got sent packing......WITH NO WARNING....since then, i was the bigger man and apologized to both sunlover and 4x4 country babe to be the adult in the situation .... cuz if my joke was taken out of context i definatley dont want anyone butt hurt over my jokes...but seriously i do feel wronged when i never violated any of the code of conduct.....yet was banned and physically threatened...just saying ... if your gonna go by the rules then go BY the RULES..just saying...

• Like 2

i didnt read anything in between now in my last comment but my contribution

for this thread:

how to improve ratsun for yourself:

1 read, research google before asking questions

2 post more photos :)

• Like 1

Thanks for posting up :)

Gonna try to address these, hope it goes over ok...

to be fair and honest in the times i have been sent on vacation ... i never was warned ......other than once( and i couldnt even see the warning till after i got back, i was warned and banned in the same ten minutes..)  ...the other times i think it was a little passive aggressive in how i was treated .....i was physically being threatened to a fight and or worse and i was the one sent packing and the other person who was physically threatening me was allowed to continue to post and be a active member(yet its preached for epople to have a thicker skin and someone whining to the mods got me banned with little research on there part...) ... im not one to bitch about unfairness.... it just showed me how this forum works ...similar to every other one....mods do what ever they see fit....i coulda started a i was treated unfairly thread in the last ban i got when i was clearly no the aggressor....in most cases similar to the last one a mod tells the person getting there pantys in a bunch to get thicker skin or have back bone...yet in that instance i think i was just banned on hersay and very little to no investigation into the true story by the mods.....i  mean the bylaws clearly say that there can be no threats of physicality on ratsun and yet he continues on and i get banned.... yet again ...

It's really difficult to get it right when people butt heads. We get a report and we check into it. We don't do an 'investigation' other than ckecking the offending post. If you think you've been banned wrongly PM or email one of us to get it sorted out. Maybe we should just ban everyone involved in a fracus? Warnings are usually in the form of a post in a thread or deleting posts.

is this still going on ... is this the beginning of the end of ratsun ... is ratsun the new my space...come on guys ... just cuz your mods doesnt mean  u cant get something wrong once in a while....at this point its time to find some mods that contribute regularly other then red eye....d mike posts are tech only and not as frequent ... skib not at all ...its seems we could be doing alot to improve ratsun other then alienating the members over the fear to  hurt your friends feelings b telling them there out of line....banner was banned for being negative....well shit half of ratsun belongs on a week vacation....and if u do speak your mind on valid concerns and u get banned ... well jesus its on ly a matter of time... yor setting a bad precedent more then teaching a lesson....for fucks sake we are supposed to come together ....not be driven apart....

It apparantley is. We mods are human, we make mistakes, we also get sick of people doing nothing but instigate shit, like banner has recently.

nice post wayno ....i really enjoyed the facts...

Agreed

and i was told classys were changed cuz of spam bots running rampid ...now the excuse is member abuse...???

It was never about the spambots, not sure where you got that from. The spambots don't care if they post in the classifieds or not. It has always been about the member abuse.

so if we are asking questions ... why was i banned over saying hang a diaphram from your mirror yet sunlover continued on after his threats of physical violence....thats a direct and utterly distrubing violation of the code of conduct of ratsun....was i afraid no ... but u cant argue the facts... i make joke ...dude whigs teh fuck out ... and i get a week ....yet he continues to make threats after i am on vacation and use his status updates to contnue to go on and on about it .... and make more threats yet he contnues to post....with no punishment... go back and read it .. i never attacked or poked or made threats yet i got sent packing......WITH NO WARNING....since then, i was the bigger man and apologized to both sunlover and 4x4 country babe to be the adult in the situation .... cuz if my joke was taken out of context i definatley dont want anyone butt hurt over my jokes...but seriously i do feel wronged when i never violated any of the code of conduct.....yet was banned and physically threatened...just saying ... if your gonna go by the rules then go BY the RULES..just saying...

Sorry if you have taken the brunt of situations like that, but you've made it easy to default to you as the aggressor.

True story:

A guy at work here went to jury duty. The guy on trial was up for felony assault charges because he told a guy "I could kick your ass and be out of here before the cops showed up" and proceeded to call the guy derogatory terms for homosexual. The guy never touched the person that pressed charges and yet felony assault was what he was facing for just saying something. Who knows what led up to that or why that would even be a felony charge, but shit gets way out of line sometimes. 

BTW You should be reporting any threats of violence. How are we supposed to know? We don't read every thread and no matter how many mods we have we wouldn't be able to read them all

I will also mention that most bans are temporary. It's not like we have it in for you guys, we just try to keep the peace as best we can.

Also, well said in those last two posts there, Dawa and Jrock.

• Like 1

True story:

A guy at work here went to jury duty. The guy on trial was up for felony assault charges because he told a guy "I could kick your ass and be out of here before the cops showed up" and proceeded to call the guy derogatory terms for homosexual. The guy never touched the person that pressed charges and yet felony assault was what he was facing for just saying something. Who knows what led up to that or why that would even be a felony charge, but shit gets way out of line sometimes. 

I'm not sure aboot other states but here in the greatest state on earth (California) assault is threatening to touch someone and battery is actually touching someone. So it sounds like the guy is being tried appropriately.

In Jrock's case he has grounds to press charges on assault as well as possible terrorist threats across state lines and harassment. But we all know you could never go to prison for a silly online pissing contest... oh wait it's already got precedent! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208147/First-cyberbully-jailed-Facebook-death-threats.html

• Like 1

in all fairness... im no bitch .im not reporting anyone.. i just thought it was odd i got banned and was joking and he got to continue on so i just let it go .....im not into reporting people or pming mods when people say things i dont like... i take the forum for what it is ... most who have met me in person understand and like me....my internet persona has never been well received but being brunt and sarcastic is hard to read on the interwebs.,...sure im a dick ... or as pumpkin put it i have no tact...or laotsu said im a douche or what ever i dont care ..... know me then say that....i love ratsun and it needs to chill the fuck out..... and tha'ts coming from the head whiner himself....in the last 2 month's my life has come unraveled and i use to come on here to be around like minded people.. now i rarely contribute since my posts are met with name calling and general disrespect....meah its what ever....i like banner,  i like tristin.. i like dtp .. i like flat cat heck i even like what erichwaslike is doing down south....im learning to stop all the mindless petty bullshit in my life  cuz in the end it doesn't matter....all that really matters is we come together as a bunch for the greater cause we are here for and that's datsuns and friends.....we all need to chill sit back and remember what it was like when we first came on here.... yeah i een critical of a few newbs on here... im trying ... im trying to be better ... to understand at one time i was that guy with stupid questions and i still am..... i was once needing hand holding and asking questions i could easily answer myself....i even started a how do i change my user title thread i thik ... shit i dont know .. but i know we could all stand to stop taking ourselves so seriously..... the banner thing...its tough i see his points and the more he was denoucned the more he pushed .. i get it .. i m that way at times... ask my wife ....prolly why he and i get along ... passion can sometimes be seen as a drawback but its a attribute id rather have then not...

thank u redeye for answering my questions...its why i respect u as a mod one of the the few to take the time to answer tough questions ....and your fair .... i prolly deserved a few of the bans i got ....i took the erichwaslike thing to far and i told him that through a third person.... one of my regrets about missing canby was meeting erich and putting that petty bs i started behind us ... i still will joke about the izzo stole my girl off facebook thing when i can but if we cant laugh at ourselves u should be able to laugh at all ./...

ratsun please chill out ... i need u in my life... (insert sappy cliche here...)

• Like 4

I'm not sure aboot other states but here in the greatest state on earth (California) assault is threatening to touch someone and battery is actually touching someone. So it sounds like the guy is being tried appropriately.

In Jrock's case he has grounds to press charges on assault as well as possible terrorist threats across state lines and harassment. But we all know you could never go to prison for a silly online pissing contest... oh wait it's already got precedent! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208147/First-cyberbully-jailed-Facebook-death-threats.html

lol i would never travel that path..... i know some of what i deal with,  i cause so i digress and learn from it ... sunlover and country 4x4 babe and I are all good and i understood his stand point and i think he knew it was a joke that was taken out of context....heck i prolly deserve a punch in the eye from someone somewhere but bring a ladder,  im a tall dude and i dont wanna have to get on my knees to take my lumps....heck if its to much i will punch my slef inthe face for the sake of squashing all this ratsun drama lately ...

• Like 1

lol...chicks man.....funny u mention,   building chicken coup at house now..... but wondering is it cheaper to just buy eggs or feed the chicken....awww i digress my daughter will love the chickens ..and thats whats important

lol...chicks man.....funny u mention,   building chicken coup at house now..... but wondering is it cheaper to just buy eggs or feed the chicken....awww i digress my daughter will love the chickens ..and thats whats important

what kind are you gonna get? Those are silkies, small eggs, super friendly, and super broody. I recommend ameracaunas or Rhode island Reds if you want large consistent eggs and don't care aboot the pet aspect so much.

As many have answered before me, I don't comment because I am not sure what's gonna happen, and now I'm being labeled banners brother, which is a label that I don't mind having, but as many others have stated I'm not the only one that sees where his frustration has came from.... there was no need to say anything about me and him being brothers. Its almost like I'm single out cause I am his brother

• Like 1

My grandaughter loves the chicks. :lol:

She will just go and pick up the chickens at her moms and start talking with them like they are puppies.

GRANDDAUGHTER? Holy shit I am three weeks older than you and I am still getting in internet pissing contests and doing math homework. Geeze, way to make a guy feel like a slacker!

what kind are you gonna get? Those are silkies, small eggs, super friendly, and super broody. I recommend ameracaunas or Rhode island Reds if you want large consistent eggs and don't care aboot the pet aspect so much.

to be honest i dont know much of anything about raising chickens ...wife and daughter are wanting the experience so  im building a little two bird coupe with run.....i hadn't really researched what i was gonna get ... sounds like u got my ears now and i will be pming u once done with the  coup..

My grandaughter loves the chicks. :lol:

She will just go and pick up the chickens at her moms and start talking with them like they are puppies.

yeah your gd and my d would definately get along great... i had to wrangle her caterpillars she let loose int ha house this weekend...

to be honest i dont know much of anything about raising chickens ...wife and daughter are wanting the experience so  im building a little two bird coupe with run.....i hadn't really researched what i was gonna get ... sounds like u got my ears now and i will be pming u once done with the  coup..

fine by me

You seem to be commenting just fine without any repercussions. I only brought up the fact that he is your brother to keep your comments in context.

I apologize if you feel like his actions have singled you out.