how to: improve ratsun for your self.

RedBanner

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A small amount? Really? You must not have been reading the same threads I've been reading.

I've been trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but come on...hes' been Mr Negativity and has been swimming in the deep end the last week.

small amount :lol:

Then maybe you should comment more often. 

.and there is no reason a discussion about a classified ad can't happen as redbanners "knew classifieds" thread blatantly pointed out. 

Some of you act as though the world has ended when all that has happened is a format change. I for one like that I can view Teds profile and see what he has for sale this week.

I agree about some members being more vocal..the fighting is lame.

Action has been taken in your behalf on more than one occasion.... thanks for the support.

Maybe other members should speak up more often. 

he was being mr. negativity for a while, and there was a reason.  you keep saying that his questions were answered, we all know his questions were answered, he knows his questions were answered. when he started going off tho he had asked his questions multiple times, seen mods posting in the thread, and went 7 pages of watching them post without even saying "we don't know". hell, mike even quoted one of his posts that had a question in it and ignored the question.  you say maybe other members should speak up more often?  why would they, if this is what happens? not only did banner get trolled right back by both yourself and mike, he then got banned for what is honestly the least insulting and troll-like post he's done in a while, this one is actually more useful then the how to: make coffee thread(no offense dat-side).  on top of that, i'm pretty sure I made mention that if ya'll gave a quick little warning to people it might not go so far, or to police it consistently, in 2 different posts. both times I got blown off with something about how it wasn't needed.  then banner gets a nice vacation without warrenting the warning that he had gone too far, much as I didn't receive anything telling me I had when I got mine a while back.  considering the shit that's allowed on here, a warning beforehand at the very least would be nice if ya'll cant police consistently.  otherwise it starts looking like ya'll are just on here to play favorites, as I think has already been alluded to in this thread...and i'm seriously hoping that's not what you're here for.

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

I still think we should have a vote on the "new" classifieds.

I choose not to use them(other than to back door with banner tonight)

And I think Banner should be allowed to voice his opinion, non censorship here right?

Jesus this is still going on ......can we all put our dicks away and go back to datsuns......after all....we all.miss red....we all miss Jeff...we all miss the old classy

....there's entirely to much estrogen on ragsun lock this shit up

I still think we should have a vote on the "new" classifieds.

I choose not to use them(other than to back door with banner tonight)

And I think Banner should be allowed to voice his opinion, non censorship here right?

I get why we didn't, and that since we don't actually run it we don't necessarily get a say in it(not that I agree with it, I just understand) my problem is how its been handled. most of us didn't even know the classifieds had changed, I spent 3 days wondering why fisch's truck was still at the top of the list because I never looked at general discussion.  some questions were ignored for a while, while others were answered immediately(or got a "we have to ask Thomas"), and in the end anyone that had a problem with it was a minority just following banners lead, because almost everyone is using the classifieds.  like I said earlier, why the fuck would anyone want to speak up about problems if we're not sure how we're gonna be treated?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I get why we didn't, and that since we don't actually run it we don't necessarily get a say in it(not that I agree with it, I just understand) my problem is how its been handled. most of us didn't even know the classifieds had changed, I spent 3 days wondering why fisch's truck was still at the top of the list because I never looked at general discussion.  some questions were ignored for a while, while others were answered immediately(or got a "we have to ask Thomas"), and in the end anyone that had a problem with it was a minority just following banners lead, because almost everyone is using the classifieds.  like I said earlier, why the fuck would anyone want to speak up about problems if we're not sure how we're gonna be treated?

I do to a certian point,

but if the input of ALL members (as we are the ones that make this place)isnt considered, It really does no good(IMO,and I am entitiled to it)

Yes it could have been handled better. ( again IMO,and I am entitled to it)

The members make Ratsun what it is, if they dont like things,and the concerns are disregarded,what does this make?

Im sorry if I came off too harshly... I have had some success with the moderating team here on this forum, Im meerly stating that if people are allowed to disobey some rules, some of the time.... where do you draw the line?

When I have complained about people breaking the rules and being rude to newbs, I saw no marked improvement....

And people dont seem to have to own up to stuff... 

I will alwayse be ratsun, and dont plan on the changes on the forum or peoples additudes keep me from doing what I love.

I just wish we were more of a community than a clickey forum, then were no better than the vortext....

• Like 5

A vocal bunch of new classified dissenters went about it very immaturely, and they were fairly rightly ignored even if they did have valid concerns. Wise up instead of spiraling further down and then maybe people will take you seriously. You don't reward a baby throwing a fit.

• Like 4
Guest 510kamikazifreak

A vocal bunch of new classified dissenters went about it very immaturely, and they were fairly rightly ignored even if they did have valid concerns. Wise up instead of spiraling further down and then maybe people will take you seriously. You don't reward a baby throwing a fit.

SHH MASS

Personally.. I there are some things I like about the new classies and a some things I like about the old classies. But I come here for knowledge and the people.., the classies are a bonus.

I like Banner.. and I understand his position. But honestly he was getting a little unruly and maybe rightly so. It seems like a warning or temp vacation is what I would expect from any member that is acting out. It's hard to keep tens of thousands of datsun owners happy 24/7. There are a lot of strong personalities around these parts and it would probably be worth handing out a few more warnings if people are going against the grain. We all love this place. Some more than others.. and really it might be worth while to setup a vote allowing members that have been here for at least a year or 500+ posts to participate in regarding this or that. Obviously we don't own this place, and ultimately it's up to the owner to make the decision as best fit for the staff.

If I'm not mistaken DMT is still accepting new users. lulz.

• Like 2