68 510 4dr

jnec510

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just went through your thread - happy to see another 68 being resurrected. They are without a doubt my favorite of all the 510s that we got here (of course my all time favorite 510 is the 69 SSS coupe).

The dash in your car is a 69 dash, but the photos that you showed of dash parts in the trunk are definitely 68. 68 pads are near imposable to find, which is why a 69 dash is probably in the car.

As for a 68 wiring harness; the wiring diagram in the back of the early Haynes manual (with the front cover cut away showing drum front brakes) is a 68 wiring diagram. I tried to include a scanned copy, but I didn't figure out how to attach the file....:mad: Gettin used to the site - is there a way to post attachments, or do I have to use another site?

Good luck on getting it on the road.

Byron

last nigh i got the 68 dash frame. i am so stoked.:D:D have got much done latey. i am pullin all the sound deadner out today to replace it with new. an gonna make cut outs to shave the rear doorhandles. still waitin on a pressure washer to clean the car inside an ou so i can put some fresh paint in the engine bay an put the motor back in. an i found out it has a 69 harnessin it.

Those blocks could split also. There's a reason people use jack stands. Are you really willing to bet your life on it? All it took was seeing a guy after having a car fall on him for me to never EVER cut corners when it comes to safety!!