mklotz 521 front brakes and hub questions

d510addict

I have the Mklotz front disc conversion on my 521 and am wondering what hubs would offer the least amount of poke, the ones I have now (late 720 i think) push my wheels out nearly an inch if not an inch and that seems a bit extreme. Anyone have an answer or some material they can point me to?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he's running bigger rims, so that may not be much of an issue.

I did this vid awhile ago... 

.....where I measured the change in the wheel mounting surface to move outward just under 5/8".   I'm not sure why you'd be seeing more than that.
  • Like 1

Hmm could be an illusion or it could be that the rally wheels that I had fit just well enough that the 5/8" bump outward was enough to make it impossible for me to turn ill have to snap a pic before I get different hubs (my current ones required grinding to fit the rim and I do not like the look of a ground up hub).

I'm pretty sure the rally rims were max width to start with.  I've sent a lot of guys to beebani for brakes if they were running big rims.

The 6 lug GM rally wheels are 15x8. datsun4life sent me the backspacing at 4" measured from his wheel (thank you again). This is roughly a -12 offset