Anybody remember this 1200 coupe

Dguy210

I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to my old 1200? Would have been sold in early 2007 in the Livermore, Calif area. I don't know who bought it as my Dad sold it at this time as it was parked at his house in Livermore the last few years and he was running it as his DD.  Was running an A14 and a 4 speed. Engine bay had been painted with a dark blue, outside was blue rattlecan. Rear decklid was homemade with I believe a green carpet covering and some speakers (I didn't build this).  Had old 13 inch appliance wheels on it.

Sorry for the uber crappy photo, this is circa 2002 or so, but it still had the windshield Decal in 2007. I'm trying to find my other scanned photos.

1200front_zpse7216723.jpg

1200side_zpsb1cfba9f.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recognize those wheels.. my first 610 had those when I bought it. Terrible wheels.. terrible, terrible wheels...

I bought it as a shell and those wheels came with it, so I ran them. Also I was really broke at the time.

• 7 years later...

Holy necro thread.

But to update I did actually find this car again back in March. Still running and driving around the San Francisco bay area 13 yrs after it was sold, more beat up than when I had it but with the same wheels amazingly. Guy was trying to sell it for $3500 which seemed a bit much and too far away, he wanted to get a family car. Looks like the same engine (A14) too, although the fucky wiring is not my doing at all. 

IMG_20190915_115227.jpg

88120829_1235762536627334_4640855928768299008_n.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Draker said:

Always good to see them still in the road.

Yeah, I was stoked. I had texted the guy for the engine bay pic to confirm and talked to him for a bit.

If it had been cheaper, or maybe not so beat on, or somewhat closer I probably would have tried to buy it back as I never wanted it sold in the first place. I was very surprised to see a lot of the original stuff still on it. 

• Like 2

Looks like its in good condition and worth every bit of $3500. Damn shame you're not taking it in as a labor of love for you and your dad to work on and drive together. I'd bet one day you'll regret it. I found and rallied my brothers and sisters to buy a 1200 for my dad for around that price for Father's Day several years ago. He loves it but it needs a little bit of rust repair soon.

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:52 AM, afracer said:

Looks like its in good condition and worth every bit of $3500. Damn shame you're not taking it in as a labor of love for you and your dad to work on and drive together. I'd bet one day you'll regret it. I found and rallied my brothers and sisters to buy a 1200 for my dad for around that price for Father's Day several years ago. He loves it but it needs a little bit of rust repair soon.

Edit: Deleted a bunch of ranting.

Short form is there are a bunch of bad feelings over how it was "sold" (I never saw any of the money and my name was on the registration) and I already have another 1200 project.

Edited by Dguy210