Custom 720 dash

nis720

My original dash is sold, so I finally finished my second dash and installed it in my truck. I'm getting ready to start my third dash so this one is for sale too. The screen is a Alpine TME-M770 touch screen. Painted flat black with the bottom half satin black for a factory look.

New and old dash.

1017181_10151507590677776_785973641_n_zp

IMG_6788a_zpsdd6bfcf6.jpg

IMG_6800a_zpsc7735dc8.jpg

IMG_6796a_zps1ea14934.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work!  I could never get the skill or patience to create something of that quality.

I like those white gauge faces in the instrument cluster, did you make those as well?  

I got those a long time ago... they are APC and can still be found on ebay I believe

How much for the dash?

As of right now it's pending, but if he doesn't take it the price is $500 with the screen included.

• Like 1

so so pretty. can you do metal?

No metal... I only know how to fiberglass. These 2 dashes were my personal projects and took a lot of hours to make. Don't think it would be profitable to try to produce them. Right now I'm only doing another dash for me and maybe one for a good friend of mine.

• Like 1

Dude you shoudl seriously do this as a side business when u have time, just let some orders go in, work on them over a year to put a few out, and then take orders again, because these are BEAUTIFUL!!

I'm on board with that one!  I have a spare dash that's not cracked but WILL once it hits the sun again.  I'd be interested in having one re-done stock in something more durable as time is not a factor.

Would make a good side business.

• Like 1

could you do a stock dash for 720's? mines fugly. if so I would be more than happy to pay you. nice clean work btw

I'm sure we can work something out, if you're really interested I can see about making a completely stock one. If you have a spare dash it would make it easier.

I'm on board with that one!  I have a spare dash that's not cracked but WILL once it hits the sun again.  I'd be interested in having one re-done stock in something more durable as time is not a factor.

Would make a good side business.

It's better to take a damaged dash and work on that.

• Like 1

I'm sure we can work something out, if you're really interested I can see about making a completely stock one. If you have a spare dash it would make it easier.

It's better to take a damaged dash and work on that.

Yeah, I'd grab the bad dash out of my truck for that and toss the good one in as a temp so I can drive it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read you probably wont make any more. How many hours go into a single dash? Do you do some kind of resin fab for work or something? Because amatuers don't create works of art like those dashes!

I never really kept track of how many hours I spent on it. Since it was my personal project I worked on it when I had time, so It wasn't a constant thing. There were long periods of time where it just sat untouched for months, but was alot of time spent on it. It's made using fiberglass polyester resin with cloth or matt.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...