LSD for 720

Demian720

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were none for the 620 or 720. I did find an LSD option for 4 cylinder H-190 D-21 Hardbody trucks from '88 to '93. Look on the back of the differential 'bum' there will be a small orange decal saying LSD or Use LSD Oil.

• Like 2

This has been for sale on ebay forever, but it may not be for the axle you have, which is probably why it hasn't sold.  I don't know enough about truck axles to say one way or the other, just pointing it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nismo-Datsun-Nissan-720-Mini-Truck-C200-2-way-LSD-for-30-spline-axles-/200934256192?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec89d6e40&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

Will I have to shorten the diff at all?

I was looking into this differential for my VG620 before I sold it. The 620 rear was 55" IIRC and the Dana 44 is 58" IIRC. I could have easily used a 1/2-3/4" wider rear end though. So for a 620, it would need narrowed slightly. However, I do not know the stock width of the 720 rear end.

• Like 1

57 1/2 720 width. the dana axle is a good swap, but i think you'd have to re gear cause i think most were something like a 4.30 ratio or something. Toyota 8 inch is another option I mess around with. supra LSD is swapable into the V6 third. 

• Like 1

The Dana axle I am referring to came stock with 4.10 and 4.30 gears. Both of those options are better than the stock 620 4.37 gears, unless you had a 79 4.11 gearset.

But, yes a gear change might be needed, but since it is a Dana axle, you can get anything you want for them. For cheap too. 

Your options for aftermarket parts for the Dana axle is fairly limitless, and the parts will be available for many years to come.

But, just in stock form, that axle would be a pretty decent upgrade for an old Datsun.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...