My '75 710 build

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After plastidip hardens for a while it's pretty strong for daily driving. However it doesn't hold up well against gas and will mess it up quickly.

Nismosilvia is correct, is doesn't hold up to gas at all

Dude, shakotan710 is "Cousin IT"?

011.460x325.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha, dude I'm fucking dying over here, I didn't think anyone would notice that

I was able to get the head back from the shop and it looks great, here's the pics!!!

The last two pics are of the cylinder that was messed up, it looks a lot better

And I wish I would've taken pics before I took it in because it was all fucked up

EDIT JAN 2020: pics from photobucket removed since they are no longer visible. Sr20 is no longer the engine being put into this car so I reuploaded some nice photos for fun!

kMHk2bG.jpg

JHgetUv.jpg

NsMK7vZ.jpg

oRknCDZ.jpg

cMFQTmE.jpg

Edited by shakotan710
Photobucket...
  • Like 1

Good meetin' ya the other day..........seen ya before just never introduced myself.....

Thx for comin' out.......hope you guys had a good time......

Lookin' forward to seein' this SR build.......

• Like 1

Good meetin' ya the other day..........seen ya before just never introduced myself.....

Thx for comin' out.......hope you guys had a good time......

Lookin' forward to seein' this SR build.......

It was nice meeting you too, and IWW had an awesome time!

And I'm looking forward to this sr too, I need more power!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Was able to get a center console thanks to hobbes_the_cat

Fits pretty good and it didn't take much to clean it up

09150F87-908D-4CD4-87A9-DB5B18E8F523_zps

349BB3EB-92BD-438A-8F42-31AD7C4E2EE2_zps

9A11C1B3-3352-4A8F-8B7E-3124B4425ED5_zps

33A84CD7-BE2B-4ED2-859A-E6DAD9794575_zps

And i started to clean the engine bay too

89843261-C53D-494C-BBD4-A44B811C15CC_zps

Here's it after, I still need to clean more but it's a start

6F8F0D3D-5152-4A56-9846-C54CDC6D35CA_zps

And then I test fitted some old school toyota steelies that were 13x5.5

They didn't fit to well on the rear

523947BD-DF48-4CC2-BF01-AEAD69F382DA_zps

D1AFF3AE-6122-4984-B762-DC8F3FC3033A_zps

• 1 month later...

Hey man, I am a total newbie.

What suspension parts are interchangeable?

I wanted to lower my 710, but am wondering if I can put strut assemblies bolt on from another car

Are you talking about the front or the rear? Because for the rear I'm just running lowering blocks, and the front are 280zx struts with a split collar adjustable coilover

Have you had any problems with the driveshaft hitting the tunnel when you hit bumps?

The PO of my car reversed one of the leaves in the springs and it would hit when I was just going over minor bumps on the highway, so I switched the spring back to the stock arrangement. ...it probably didn't help that they cut the bump stops above the axle. I was thinking about trying some lowering blocks to lower the car a little, but not so much that I couldn't handle bumps. What size lowering blocks did you try?

• Like 1

I had a set of those same steelies on my wagon when I first got it. Painted them and put some beauty rings on them. 

IMG_0125.jpg

I even use one as my spare now. My little brother is inheriting them to put on his 69 tan two door... Almost a tradition in my family now. I love your 710, keep it up, can't wait for the motor swap. 

• Like 1

Are you talking about the front or the rear? Because for the rear I'm just running lowering blocks, and the front are 280zx struts with a split collar adjustable coilover

The front. The rear seems pretty easy, but you said you used 280zx struts, and just a coil over sleeve?

• Like 1

The front. The rear seems pretty easy, but you said you used 280zx struts, and just a coil over sleeve?

Datzenmike figured out to do some adjustable struts with split collars to adjust the spring perch - I think that is what he means:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24412-my-76-710-goon/page-5

...it's probably a good idea to go through all 21 pages as a crash-course in things you should know about your new 710 - there's a LOT of useful info in there!

• Like 1

Have you had any problems with the driveshaft hitting the tunnel when you hit bumps?

The PO of my car reversed one of the leaves in the springs and it would hit when I was just going over minor bumps on the highway, so I switched the spring back to the stock arrangement. ...it probably didn't help that they cut the bump stops above the axle. I was thinking about trying some lowering blocks to lower the car a little, but not so much that I couldn't handle bumps. What size lowering blocks did you try?

I haven't had any problems at all with the driveshaft hitting the tunnel and I'm running 3" blocks, the car feels perfectly fine everywhere, its not too bumpy and if i air up the shocks it gets stiff.

I had a set of those same steelies on my wagon when I first got it. Painted them and put some beauty rings on them. 

IMG_0125.jpg

I even use one as my spare now. My little brother is inheriting them to put on his 69 tan two door... Almost a tradition in my family now. I love your 710, keep it up, can't wait for the motor swap. 

Yea, they are pretty cool, unfortunately i only had one that came with the beauty rings, i could get more, but I'm probably going to sell them at the next Datsloco meet. And thanks, we'll see how the swap goes, I'm still debating on whether i just put the sr in another datsun in the future and keep the l series in the 710 because i have some good parts for a built l series and it just seems like everyone does motor swaps these days

Exactly, and you can read up on what Will was talking about, its quite helpful, since mine are going bad i think I'm gonna go for some new aftermarket struts, and the nice thing with the split collar is that I can just put it on my new struts. I also need to read up more on the swap but I'm pretty sure the struts are pretty straightforward.

Datzenmike figured out to do some adjustable struts with split collars to adjust the spring perch - I think that is what he means:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24412-my-76-710-goon/page-5

...it's probably a good idea to go through all 21 pages as a crash-course in things you should know about your new 710 - there's a LOT of useful info in there!

Yep, exactly

• 2 months later...

Went and bought a pair of Hayashi Commands off a guy that lived relatively close to me and the plan was to flip the faces and get them polished and this is how they turned out

Before 

After

tRbnDLU.jpg

Also bought a chin spoiler back in March and did fiberglass repair and some new paint so it would match with the car

IhvfDRP.jpg

Also, i decided to have some takeyari pipes made, and they are removable which is pretty helpful, mainly gonna run these during shows, too much of a headache to run them around town all the time

RvYtkfU.jpg

Roll in and final setup at BLOX, turned out to be a really good show, great atmosphere and was a really organized setup

g2r15V9.jpg

Now I'm on the lookout for a wider pair of 14's to match the rear, more updates will come soon

Edited by shakotan710
Photobucket...
  • Like 3