My 520 project and 521 Home

lacombe620

Recently got a few new Datsun's.  A complete  1966 520 that my nephew wrenched on.  Grill is inside the barn to protect it, he got a brilliant idea to put on 521 doors.  No clue why, but least the doors are still on hand.  The price was right on these two plus two 1980 510's ( no pics of these).

2013trucks060.jpg

2013trucks061.jpg

2013trucks062.jpg

2013trucks063.jpg

Going to take alot of love and work to get this to Canby by next year, but that is the goal.  Think on restoring this rolling Datto Home as well but Canby is not near for this one.

2013trucks064.jpg

2013trucks065.jpg

The doors are with the 520, but it needs alot to get it back together as the motor home part was in the process of being removed.  Got a Nissan hardbody included, and multiple motors trans and various junk if I keep it all.  Got to get it all home to see what all I got.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a 521 door.

521Door.jpg

This is a 520 door.

520Door.jpg

If you look closely at the 520 door catch, you will notice it is below the bottom of the style line in the door.  (The groove, or dent that runs the length of a 520/521)

On the 521 door, the door catch is slightly above the bottom of the style line.

521 doors also a pull knob near the rear of the window to unlock the door, on the latest 521 trucks, or the dimple to accommodate the pull knob, but no knob. on earlier 521 trucks.