I got another one..

Royal Sierra

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy told me he would find it for me in a couple.months..I offered to help look for it and he quickly refused..so yeah I'll most likely be interested. Are they both trailers? Maybe I'll buy a trailer and a tailgate. If not I will buy your tailgate and try to score my neighbors 620 trailer.

I was gonna swap the oil pan from the L16 thats in it now. A friend is going to help build it up while i use the stock runner which i will use until we finish building the engine thats in it now. The left is a for sure runner. The right one has no compression on #4 likely due to a valve issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Havent been able to do much to the 521..still paying off my surgery from a while ago. Only down to 2600 from 13k. Anyways a good friend whos moving to LA asked if I wanted to buy his Z. I old him jokingly Id give him the camper off of my 521. Welp he wants it so I got the Z. Figured I will just throw it in my grandpas shop and forget about it for a while until I can get an engine/trans and 2 bucket seats then buggy wire it. Itd be a cheap fun hoon mobile.

Resampled_2013-08-28_12-32-31_426_zps4c1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Washed it and took off the mirrors. one was chrome and one was rust. then I straightened out the front bumper brackets today. I forgot to take oics of the interior but I removed all of the weird shit he had wired in. he had every wire labeled so that was pretty cool. the only thing that I didn't touch was the wiring to the fan because it was spliced into the blower motor wiring. I used to have a blower motor but gave it away a long time ago. but whatever. isn't really a huge problem

heres the fan. also "fixed" the door cards. no more duct tape or nasty speaker grills. just speakers.. I left the unmolested door covers that are also blue in a house that I lived in that is now forclosed...gonna see if I can break in and get them out of there along with a few other things..haha
20130617_153509_zps85cfed00.jpg

after a long time with a lot of beers and a scrub brush

20130910_184738_zpse3312faa.jpg

bumper straightened..

20130918_171523_zps8dcc666c.jpg

also found black colored mold in the camper. not too sure about what to do. had some bad experiences with black mold in an apartment I rented a while back..anyways slowly but surely. next thing I can really do is engine swap. I have sourced a dogleg that will be up forsale.. but it isn't in my hands yet. I had a trade set up for another set of chevy rallies on 31's (with beauty rings and center caps) for a dash and seat but it fell through. I don't need a dash, but extra parts are nice aren't they?  just gonna paint the lower half and cover the top in something or remove all the crap like Jon521 did.

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...

Ive left some things out..been in Alaska for the last 10 months. I came home monday and got the datto today from a friend who was storing it. The wholr time I was there I was ordering parts for the truck. Anyways heres a couple oics

Friends tow dolly wouldnt hook up so i had to rent one, then fueled up the pig

aqk4ntee.jpg

Got her all loaded up

qowkehur.jpg

Headlight bezels i got off of ebay

jqwfkjsj.jpg

Got my new wheel and shift knob on..

dl7m53rh.jpg

Tailgate I scored from another ratsun member. I have dozens of boxes of parts non pictured including a killer taillight idea nobody has done yet

zm8v9xol.jpg

gonna drop the tank and clean it out tomorrow and run new fuel line. I need a running L16 if anyone has one in the portland/vancouver area

• Like 1