Oregonhomeboy's 620 kc build(kinda late start)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The corner windows go in pretty easy. I never had new gaskets to install so I was always able to just push them in and work the gasket by hand. The new gaskets may be a tight fit though. Search youtube for the soapy string method, works good for windshields and the like.

• 1 month later...

I like using 3/16" or 1/4" cotten cord & spray it with silicone lube, don't soak it just make it slippery.

When setting the gasket with the string, don't just pull it straight out, work it out in a circular motion pulling the lip over the body of the vehicle.

It really helps to have a second person on the outside to push on the window especially when you get to the end. 

Any Pointers on getting them in.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow it's been a while... So much has happened since the I want dark. College has gotten in the way of my Datsun endeavors for far too long. But I am very glad to say that I am coming back. The 620 is now my daily again.

Welcome back!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Oh he almost got away. Too bad I was awake and heard her start up. I know that sound too well and ran outside jumped in the bed while he tried to drive away. Proceeded to climb in through the passenger door and beat his ass out of MY goddamn truck. He got pushed out of a moving vehicle then I chased him out of my complex with my handy crowbar.

• Like 3