My 72 521

Dat-girl

very nice. its definitely different than most 521's.

some coker whitewalls would look right at home on it.

I love different and I made the truck what I wanted :) and this girl will only rock diamondbacks if I were to do white walls. Wheels and tires will be changing soon.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great for a retro ride!  The red wheels look better from that angle, but for me, they don't "pop". Obviously, it's your truck, so as long as your happy, Great!  But, here is what I'd do if it were mine; and maybe not this color exactly, but some kind of accenting bronze/gold/brown:

1_IMG956483.jpg

I love the truck, especially the seats. But I find the red wheels to be distracting. When I see the pictures from the side, the first thing I see is red wheels it's like a stop sign. I think chrome, white, or the color on the tips of the scallops would be more complimentary to the truck. That thing is gonna turn some heads

I love the truck, especially the seats. But I find the red wheels to be distracting. When I see the pictures from the side, the first thing I see is red wheels it's like a stop sign. I think chrome, white, or the color on the tips of the scallops would be more complimentary to the truck. That thing is gonna turn some heads

Bro she already told me to chill about the wheels now your going to piss her off.

• Like 1

It looks great for a retro ride!  The red wheels look better from that angle, but for me, they don't "pop". Obviously, it's your truck, so as long as your happy, Great!  But, here is what I'd do if it were mine; and maybe not this color exactly, but some kind of accenting bronze/gold/brown:

I have said it several times I will be changing the wheels and tires in the near future. In the past month I have put ALOT of time and money into the truck. I have some chrome hubcaps that will be putting on it for the time being that take up most of the wheel. I did not want to tear down the tires (because that is what has to be done properly where the tires are stretched and some of the back of the wheel shows) in risk of breaking the bead on the tire because I will be tearing them back down again when I get new wheels :)

• Like 1

Bro she already told me to chill about the wheels now your going to piss her off.

No pissing off...just realizing people probably do what I have been known to do a time or twof do.... see an update and don't read through the post bahahahaha

It happens :)

• Like 1

I'm curious what the finish is on the pAint. Is it just a satin clear coat or something like that?

Look up Hot Rod Flatz 2. that is the paint that I used. It is an awesome paint and very durable. The pearl colors that they have look awesome in person but they did not have a pearl in the mint green