My 72 521

Dat-girl

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great. Can't wait to see it in the sun (6 months from now on the next update... :angel: ). As it sits I'm with tanker on the baby moons. That would make it look much cleaner. Not 100% sure about the red, but with the moons it may be perfect. I think right now it's just a bit too much red.

Geeze everyone give a girl a chance lol. It is not even out of the paint booth yet. Still have some things to do to it. I will worry with wheels when it gets out. I have some chrome hubcaps that I am going to try on it until I can get my chrome wheels. If not, then we are going to paint them ivory to match the interior.

• Like 2

I like it.The only thing i see is and there minor just pointing out if you have not noticed or did and taking care of it.

1] some baby moon caps for the wheels,just to cover the inside around the lugs

2]From this angle looks like the dash pad is pretty crooked under the vinyl wrap.maybe redo with a stitch going down it or the cracks were not filled in before the wrap

3]Bring it down about 2 more inches.

This is just my thoughts please dont take it the wrong way,i am so glad you kept going with your truck and I am glad to see it almost finished.Please more pics as you finish it. :hug:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

To address your concerns... The dash pad has layer down nicely. In this pic it had just been put in and it was freezing in the shop so it did not have proper time to lay down. My original dash pad was hacked to no return.

I plan on changing the wheels to all chrome. I just have not had a chance yet. I have a brand new set of hubcaps that I will put on until I get wheels but right now with all the snow and ice we have and the fact that this truck has been sitting outside I have been in no hurry to get them ordered and on.

I will be lowering the truck more in the back but that is it. I can't go any lower without changing my wheels and tired completely and I am not all about that.

• Like 1

Looking great. Can't wait to see it in the sun (6 months from now on the next update... :angel: ). As it sits I'm with tanker on the baby moons. That would make it look much cleaner. Not 100% sure about the red, but with the moons it may be perfect. I think right now it's just a bit too much red.

Promise it won't be 6 months from now. We are getting the truck ready for a show on March 14th. So it will all be completed, minus new wheels, by then. But I will take care of the red for yall. So stop all yalls whining :)

• Like 2

You don't have to explain yourself to Tanker...........like he's one to talk :lol:

Great work.........love the color choice..............pinstripes are very original.......haven't seen one like it......

Chrome wheels?.....meh......maybe something with the some of that goldish brown color you did your roof....but just accents....not the whole wheel.....chrome is heavy also.....

...........................................that's just my 2 cents though........I probably have change coming.

• Like 1

no on the red wheels .... maybe the gold of the steering wheel ? red is just fighting the look of the truck in my opinion which clearly means nothing...like the faux wood grain ... i would look for a 520 dash top and treat it the way u did that dash only maybe a darker faux wood grain...not redder just a darker qood grain then the lower dash ... like the seats reminds me of my jet boat seats...

oh yeah and way lower .... but again thats just mho.....which really means nothing n the spectrum of things...

check dirty mikes thread hes running rallys about as long as u could go .... so lower is possible ...

im gonna be honest i thought this thread was headed a different direction when it started .......i kinda miss where i thought this was going

oh yeah and way lower .... but again thats just mho.....which really means nothing n the spectrum of things...

check dirty mikes thread hes running rallys about as long as u could go .... so lower is possible ...

im gonna be honest i thought this thread was headed a different direction when it started .......i kinda miss where i thought this was going

I tried the big wheels...I hated them. I am a nostalgia kind of girl. As I stated above I will be changing the red wheels. The truck is still in the paint booth. All along I knew it would have more of an old school feel than most would like but it is the style I like. Sorry to disappoint. I know not everyone will agree with the way my truck is built and that's okay with me. I built it for me and noone else. I appreciate everyone's opinions though :)

• Like 2

NursesDesigns_YouGoGirl425.jpg

I agree with you on the big rims. I can't stand them on these trucks. That's the only thing I'd change on tankers truck if I ever ninja'd over to his house...

Honestly the red isn't that bad as an accent, but I would cover some of it with baby moons and get white walls personally. However, changing the red will probably get more attentin, esp if you go with the ivory. Either way it'll look great :)

• Like 1

To address your concerns... The dash pad has layer down nicely. In this pic it had just been put in and it was freezing in the shop so it did not have proper time to lay down. My original dash pad was hacked to no return.

I plan on changing the wheels to all chrome. I just have not had a chance yet. I have a brand new set of hubcaps that I will put on until I get wheels but right now with all the snow and ice we have and the fact that this truck has been sitting outside I have been in no hurry to get them ordered and on.

I will be lowering the truck more in the back but that is it. I can't go any lower without changing my wheels and tired completely and I am not all about that.

Very good.And no giving girls a chance.lol

It was crazy I had to look twice at the front..

Didn't like the lights huh?

Still looks damn good, the red makes you keep looking as she drives down the road I think.

I was thinking about painting my rallies pink/purple and putting the 521 wheels dishcap on

Still unsure on the pink.