My 72 521

Dat-girl

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rust is an amazing form of weight reduction, till you decide to stop it...

Really loving all of the 520/521s being built right now. Makes me hate my 620 even more. 

So what kind of modifications would that center console need to fit? It looks like it would be an easy piece to copy so I was thinking maybe make a template using that as the model. Either way that is a really bad ass console and fits the truck well.

• Like 2

So what kind of modifications would that center console need to fit? It looks like it would be an easy piece to copy so I was thinking maybe make a template using that as the model. Either way that is a really bad ass console and fits the truck well.

It just needs the transmission tunnel cut out some. I am not sure 100% yet on how it looks because I have not seen it in person. I should see it in the next few days when I get my car back from the upholstery shop. I am sure someone could make one similar to this one but like I said before.... these are worth a lot and not easy to come by so I am not sure if I want to cut on it.

Rust is an amazing form of weight reduction, till you decide to stop it...

Really loving all of the 520/521s being built right now. Makes me hate my 620 even more. 

620's are cool, don't hate

Yea, $250-500 on ebay. I would hold on to it and make something similar. Then again that's like 30-60% of the price of my truck :P

Haha. Some may say that's not much.... but for such a small item it is to much for me to cut up. This one is mint.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So the console has been voted out of the truck. It just did not fit well.

Have ran into an issue on getting my new steering wheel to fit so things have been set back again. All interior panels are complete just have to make some modifications on the seat frames and the steering wheel before install.

its not the photo hosting sight its the ratsun mobil sight that makes it hard ....... always scroll to bottom and click full site ..... u will enjoy regular ratsun not the mobil garbage...photobucket is easiest .......... except i hate when i mobilly upload pics and i can see them in the folder on my phone bt there not on a desk top ...... takes logging out and in several times for them to show up

copy and pasteed from phone on photobucket...

9C42803B-3679-4CE4-9367-4A7C46EE55B8_zps

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it.The only thing i see is and there minor just pointing out if you have not noticed or did and taking care of it.

1] some baby moon caps for the wheels,just to cover the inside around the lugs

2]From this angle looks like the dash pad is pretty crooked under the vinyl wrap.maybe redo with a stitch going down it or the cracks were not filled in before the wrap

3]Bring it down about 2 more inches.

This is just my thoughts please dont take it the wrong way,i am so glad you kept going with your truck and  I  am glad to see it almost finished.Please more pics as you finish it. :hug:

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

• Like 1

I like retro paint job.  I don't think the red wheels work with the paint now, though.  They need to be an accenting color.  Maybe... White... Maybe the brown?

I can't wait to see how the finished interior turns out.  Nice job!

• Like 1